Chapter 5: Joanne

The room went silent. I felt a rush of cold uneasy air. Sending shivers down my spine. My heart beat stopped for a brief moment and I lost my train of thought.
Everything that I have learned my entire life had all been....a lie. Suddenly my train of thought came back and I had so many questions. Then I looked at Matilda closely and saw her and my resemblance. I wanted to cry seeing my real mom for the first time ever. She had dark brown curly hair that was cut in a stylish bob and dark brown eyes. We looked so similar. I blinked finally and a single tear went down my face. I could see that my mom would actually understand me. Not like my other family. Whom I did love but they never truly understood me or accepted me for who I was.
"Mom," I cried and gave her a hug. "WHY DIDN'T YOU GET ME SOONER?! OR STOP HIM FROM TAKING ME?!!!" I blurted out.
"Believe me Halyn I tried. If I could've had you home sooner I would have."
" what do you mean?" I said slowly. Having cooled off.
" Just...don't ask Halyn. Just believe me" she replied
"I...ok..."I looked down.
"Joanne!"she yelled.
"What?" I say confused.
Matilda looked towards the door.
The girl with white hair and purple eyes steps into the room.
Matilda smiles" there you are Joanne,"
Oh that makes sense. I say to myself.
"Take Halyn to her room for me please. I need a minute"
The girl nods her head. And she looks at me and tilts her head towards the door gesturing me to follow her. I stand. And I walk to the door following behind the girl.
"Joanne ?" Matilda says
Joanne quickly turns and looks at her.
"Thank you" Matilda says.
She nods. And begins to walk again. We walk down a dark hall. She grabs a lantern off the wall. She lead the way.
"I'm-"
"Halyn, I know," Joanne interrupted. "I've heard a lot about you. "
"Oh..well what's your name?"
"My name is Evelin Joanne ...i don't know my last name. Your mom took me in when I was little. She's kept me safe From Romes. He was looking for me. All he knew was my name was Evelin. That's why Matilda calls me by my middle name."
"Oh"
"Don't expect to be liked by me. I was supposed to be the chosen one. That's why she saved me. That and she was my mothers best friend before my mom was killed, once she found out that you were the new chosen one she began to just use me as a slave. So you took my spot. "
"So why don't you just leave? Not trying to be mean"I asked
"I owe her my life. I know that she is using me as a slave now but she still saved me from having to live that horrible life.... I owe her," she looked down." So that means you must call me Joanne. Got it?"
"Yes" I said.
"Here is your room she opens the door, the bathroom is down the hall on the right. My bedroom is down this hall," she points in the opposite direction to the bathroom"to the left, if you need anything, just go to Matilda office. She will be there, use this lantern in your room," she pointed to the lantern beside my bed "you could always try to come and get me if you need anything as well but I can't promise I will help you."
"Who's room is this?" I pointed to the door right across from mine.
"Oh," she rolled her eyes " that's Zeke's room. I don't know much about him though, he doesn't talk much, anyways,Bye "
I turned to look at her and say bye, but by the time I looked she was gone " b-oh...ok then"
I walk into my room and the door slams behind me.
"Everything has happened so fast," I think to myself. "I don't even know what to think".
I sit down on my bed and look around my room. There are a few shelfs with a few books on them. There is a small closet, there are very few things in it, there is some black shoes, a black mask, a black long sleeved shirt, and some black leggings. So the same thing everyone that I've seen wears this, besides Matilda of course. There is also a gray version of all of these. I scan the outfits, I notice there is a pin on the shoulder of each of shirts, pants, and shoes. The pin says "μπορείτε και εσείς θα." In a circular formation  the words are around a black rose.
I walk around the rest of my room. The room is a beige color. The Bed spread I have is light , almost pink red color. The rest of the room is completely empty, other than the side table with the lantern on it and a chest at the end of my bed. I walk to the chest and neal down. I begin to open the chest, but as I was about to do so I hear a knock at the door.

Matilda was standing in my doorway.
She looked at me and smiled a welcoming smile.
"How do you like your room?" I welcomed her in and she sat on the chest at the end of my bed.
"It's nice , I like it" I replied.
"You may decorate it and design it how ever you want, make unique, make it your own"
I smiled and nodded my head.
" I came to talk to you, make sure you wear the clothes in your closet. You can wear which ever set you want , either black or gray, but you must do your laundry. Which is the room right next to the bathroom. Any questions?" She asked sweetly.
"None right now" I looked down at the floor
"Okay, I'm here if you need me" Matilda replied.
I began to think. " oh yeah I- oh never mind" by the time I turned around she was already gone.
"People seem to do that pretty often around here" I said out loud.
I proceeded to do the same thing as before. Once again I neal down next to the chest and try to open it.