Chapter 8 -rule breakers

I set my lantern down and jumped on to my bed.
"Mhm , none of what I read in there makes any sense,I don't understand they had a meeting with-" I was suddenly interrupted, once again.

"You need to stop snooping around , you need to start doing things when we say to do them , you need to start-" Matilda said but this time I interrupted her.

"But, aren't I supposed to be ...different?" I said with a smirk under my breath

"Yes....." she replied realizing I was kind of right." But you still must follow the rules as everyone else does. I know you know what the rules are...oh wait....you don't know them yet do you?" She added on.

"No, you only explained the clothing  rules, nothing else."

"Ok then...I guess I should tell you the few rules we have, at least these rules only apply to you, well just for now anyways."
I nodded my head indicating that I was listening and that I understood what she was saying.

"There are five rules for you as of right now.
1. Don't go exploring this place. There are somethings that you just can't know yet....
2.you are not allowed to come to any meetings yet, we will be changing to a new secret location thanks to you....
3.do not leave your room past 11:00. This is also temporary, also goes along with some things you just can't know yet.
4.don't repeat the words on your pin" she points at my pin ", at least not unti-
never mind
5. And this is the final rule. No romance between other people at our headquarters. This rule applies to everyone though.
Those are all the rules. For now. Don't break these rules and there will be no problem. Got it?" She said.
"I-"
"Good "she interrupted as she got up and left the room. She shut the door behind her.

I lay down in my bed and just rename all of the rules she said in my head repeating them, thinking of them intensely.

" this place keeps getting stranger, and stranger. "

I think about the rules for a while longer. Then I decide to take a shower. I go down the hall to the bathroom. When I first walk in I grab a towel and hang it on the hook right outside of the shower. I see that there is a toilet right next to the shower. There is is a mirror and a sink as well.

I undress and turn in the shower water to the right temperature and I climb in. I hum my 'weird' music ( at least that's what everyone in the other world called it) that listen to as I shower.

I shower for about ten minutes before I'm ready to get out. I turn off the shower still humming and reach out and grab the towel. I go to open the curtain and suddenly I hear the door softly open and softly close. I stay really quite. I hear giggling and then a bang against the wall. I hear kissing noises. Then I hear.

"Stop." With a chuckle. "Stop" it got more serious. "Hey! I said stop." I peaked out of the curtains. It was Joanne and Zeke.

"What the heck is going on" I think to myself.

"Hey calm down." Zeke said.

"We can't afford to get caught. And we can't do this again. I won't do it again. Not now. Not for a long time."Joanne replied.

"Come on it will bring us closer." He said.
Joanne rolled her eyes.
"We aren't doing this again."

He grabbed her and pushed her against the wall. They began to kiss.
Joanne pushed him away.
"No! I'm not doing this! Not again!" Joanne ran out of the bathroom crying.
Zeke sighed.
He walked over to sink and splashed water on his face.

"Ugh all I do is screw up" he said out loud and he wiped his face on his sleeve I couldn't tell if he was crying or not, he kind of seemed like he was though.
Then he walked out.

I waited in the shower for about 10 minutes. Before leaving. Then I walked to my room quickly , I was wearing a towel and slippers.

Once I got to my room I went ahead and put on my pajamas. I sat on my bed with no intention on going to sleep just yet but I closed my eyes and was thinking really hard about everything that's happened. "Are they together?what did she mean not again? Mhm" in thought to myself.
"Wait that means that they broke the last rule! No wonder they are trying to be careful" I thought to myself.
As I was thinking I drifted off to sleep.