Chapter 5

'Oh hey, Lu.' Calfreezy said as he walked into the kitchen area short after I did. All the champagne got my mouth feeling a little dry, so I decided to get myself a glass of water quickly. Everyone else was still sitting on the couches, so I wondered why he had followed me here.

I looked up at him with a warm smile. 'What can I help you with, Cal?' I asked.

He shrugged. 'I don't know, I'm just looking around a bit really. What do people say to each other when they've just moved into a new place?' He asked.

'I don't know?' I replied, thinking he was throwing out some sort of joke.

'I don't know either, so I guess... happy new apartment?' He asked with a chuckle, ruffling his hair with one of his big hands.

'Oh,' I giggled after taking a sip of the water. 'I see what you mean now, thanks.' He held his arms wide open, which I happily walked into, letting him embrace me in a warm hug.

'It's cool to know you guys are living so nearby now.' He smiled down at me. I agreed; there were now quite a few of us living in this Stratford Halo tower, and it feels more homely than ever, even though I'm not close to my family at all.

'I know,' I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. This boy was just too nice sometimes.

'Hey guys,' I recognised the voice immediately as someone else walked into the kitchen area.

'Um, hi.' I said awkwardly as Simon joined us.

'What's going on over here?' He asked, smiling brightly at the both of us. As if we were all just good friends.

As if he'd never cheated on me.

'Nothing much, just talking about the new place.' Cal told him.

'Do you mind if I get myself a glass of water, too? That champagne isn't the best.' Simon looked at me with his bold, blue eyes.

'Sure, the glasses are in the cabinet over there.' I pointed at one of the cabinets next to the stove. He nodded at me and walked away. 

'You girls have managed to make it look so nice already

'You girls have managed to make it look so nice already. It's much nicer than our flat.' Cal complemented casually as Simon stood just a few feet away from us, clearly listening in on our conversation.

'Thanks, but that's probably just because it's a bit neater than yours.' I told him and he laughed loudly.

'That's true.' He agreed, and with a pang, I realised what I had said.

'No, I mean, it's just neater because we just unboxed everything. If you come here in say, 3 days, I bet the whole place will be a mess.' I told him, trying to cover up what I said.

'You're not that much of a messy person,' Sarah joined in from where she was sitting on the couch. I turned to look at her and shrugged.

'Anyways, if you guys need any more help with unboxing and stuff, you know where we are.' Cal offered.

'Yeah, us too.' Simon stood next to us with his glass of water in hand. My heart started beating a little faster. Why would he want to help us?

'Please stay in bed a little longer, love?' Simon's voice as husky. He was laying in bed next to me, tracing his fingertips lightly over my bare thigh just as I wanted to get up and get ready for the day.

'Simon, I have to go to uni.' I looked back at him. His blonde and silver bed hair was messy, his blue eyes sleepy, and yet he still managed to look like the most gorgeous boy in the world. He had a little stubble growing, too.

'You don't have a class until 9 o'clock, so please? I want to cuddle.' He shuffled closer to me underneath the fluffy white sheets, burying half his face into his pillow. His collarbones and the top of his bare chest peeked out from underneath the covers, and it took some effort to peel my eyes away from his flawless physique.

I couldn't help but smile. He looked so warm, and his arms so inviting, that I gave in with a sigh, crawling back underneath the sheets. He smiled at me sleepily, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me in so I was pressed against his warm, bare chest. He tangled our legs together, and I closed my eyes in content, letting his familiar scent wash over me.

I felt him place a hand on my cheek delicately, tilting my chin upwards so I was looking at him. 'I love moments like these. I love you,' He whispered against my lips before pressing his on them softly.

I sat up in bed, breathing heavily. My eyes quickly adjusted to the dark lighting, and it took me a while to realise I was in my new apartment.

'Oh my god,' I slowly sunk back into my pillow, realisation finally hitting me. I wasn't with Simon at all, and it was still night. I was alone, in my bed, in my new apartment. I forced myself to calm down and let my breathing even out.

Did I seriously just have a nice dream about my ex? Christ, does this apartment have a 'bad dream' lot trait like in the Sims?

I was hoping that my first night here wouldn't be so bad, but I was so wrong to do that. I should've known that the first night anywhere gives you the most vivid nightmares.

How will I ever get back to sleep?

---

Ooh, how many of you thought that her dream was a reality for a sec? 😂 I'm sorry if you did. I'm also really proud of this chapter, I really like it :)

Quick question: should I include more pictures in my chapters like I did in this one? Does it make things more realistic? Or nah?

Mel x