Chapter 52

'Oh thank god, I didn't want a baby girl.' Simon said in a pretend thick, over-the-top London accent.

'Why not? What's wrong with a baby girl?' Freya asked, a hint of defensiveness in her voice. She had one hand resting on the underside of her growing tummy.

'You'd have to call her Tara,' Simon explained.

'And I'm Phil?' Josh asked, which is what it took for me to understand they were probably joking about some inside joke they had whilst recording a video. 'Anyways, what are you guys gonna do with this place? Are you getting new furniture? If you need someone to move in-' Josh started asking us but Simon interrupted him.

'Josh, were not renting this place out again. We've already had offers but I thought we made it clear it's going to be our place again.' Simon answered in a stern voice. Josh simply nodded and continued eating the last bits of his pasta. In the meantime, the rest of us had cleaned our plates.

Within the next couple of minutes we were saying our goodbyes to Freya and Josh and we closed the front door behind them with a sigh of relief. 'I don't know about you, but my heart is feeling a little mushy from all their lovey-doveyness and baby talks. I can't tell if I want to throw up because they're so cute and I'm jealous or if my food was really bad.' Simon joked and leaned his back against the front door after they left.

'So you admit it: you're jealous.' I asked.

He raised an eyebrow at me challengingly. 'I never said I'm jealous.'

'What?' I asked and began laughing because I knew we were both fully aware that he just admitted he was jealous.

He sighed and I followed him into our old bedroom, where he sat down on the end of the bed and stared down at his hands. 'Are you not jealous of Freya too? Not even a little bit?'

I sat down next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder. 'I thought we talked about this already,'

'Well I think I'm ready. I'd be a great dad. You and Freya would be pregnant at the same time, wouldn't you like that?' He asked.

'Simon, I'm still in uni-'

'But you could work for us! I don't understand what your problem is! Can't you get a masters degree later if you really want it?' He argued.

I lifted my head off his shoulder and stared him in the eyes in disbelief. 'Simon! My parents paid to get me this degree! I can't just drop out because you want a baby! Don't be so selfish!' I said, raising my voice.

'Oh, so now I'm being selfish? You're the only way I can start a family but just because you're saying no, I can't have what I want!' He stood up and crossed his arms.

'We're in a relationship; a baby has to be a mutual agreement! And I'm fucking 23!' I yelled and stood up too. I can't believe he was being so ignorant.

'And I'm 25! So what? Come on, between us we have three houses so don't say we don't have enough room!'

'Room? Room is not the problem! The problem is that you're being a prick and forcing me into doing something I've told you multiple times I don't want to do! I can't believe we're arguing about this right now!' I shouted and started inching closer to the bedroom door.

'Why are you getting so mad? Is it that time of the month again? 'Cause you wouldn't be experiencing all these mood swings and making me upset if you were pregnant.'

That was it. That was all I needed to hear. 'You know what? Fuck you, Simon!' I yelled, biting down on my lower lip in attempt to hold my tears back as I stormed out of the bedroom and down the empty hall. I grabbed my coat off the bar and yanked the front door open, revealing a very worried-looking Josh.

'Everything alright in there? It didn't sound great,' he asked gently.

'Everything is fine.' I said loudly and pushed past him, reaching out to press the elevator button.

'Lu? Lu! Come back!' I heard Simon's faint yet still angry voice following down the hall. Before he could reach me, I thanked the Gods for the elevator arriving in time. I stepped in and closed the doors without waiting for Josh or Simon, and made my way down to the garage. I had to get out of here, but Simon had driven us here.

I quickly tried to think of any underground stations nearby, or bus or train that could get me back home. I thought of a few, but it would take me at least half an hour to walk there first.

I fiddled with Simon's reserve car key in my jacket pocket. Fuck it, he deserves it.

- - -

Twitter: overworkdwriter

Ooh, things are getting steamy, and not the good kind. What do you think will happen next? Also the inside jokes in this chapter are from videos the boys posted when I first wrote this chapter, so sorry if you don't get them :/

I've had a week that came from hell and I couldn't be more relieved that it's finally over. It was the longest week ever, too. I wonder if any of you had the same?

All the love,

Mel xx

P.S i might have another chapter up tomorrow if I'm motivated enough, but you'll have to follow my Twitter for updates on that ;)

P.P.S I hate economics so much