Chapter 47

I watched as Vik scrolled through his page of notes one last time. Although I didn't consider myself a master at first dates or relationships in general, I felt pretty confident in the advice I gave him. Whilst we brainstormed every single detail, from how he would ask her out (why, who, what, when, where and how) to how their date would actually go, he let a few things slip. Things that he didn't initially want to tell me, and I'm not sure he actually noticed that he said it.

'I couldn't thank you enough for all of this, I'm sure Ella will love it.' Vik smiled up at me as he threw his phone behind him on the couch. Then he smacked his his hand on his face to cover his mouth, his eyes showing pure shock. 'Dang it,' He added, realising he just told me what he swore he wasn't going to tell me.

I giggled at him. 'It's okay, I won't tell anyone. Not even Simon if you don't want me to.' I told him.

'Yeah, please don't. You're the only one that knows.' He smiled at me warmly, but I could tell he was nervous. 'But I guess, now that you know, um... I can tell you a little bit about her?'

I couldn't help getting excited, and I shifted a little closer to him on the couch. He picked up his phone again to show me a picture of her, and I was honestly speechless. This Ella was beautiful. She had brown hair that fell below her shoulders effortlessly, which made her bright blue eyes stand out. Light freckles sprinkled her face; over her defined cheekbones and even the dimple in her chin.

'This is a picture of her in the summer, hence all the freckles. They kind of disappear in the winter time, but she's still just as beautiful then. She's also never plucked her eyebrows.' Vik explained to me and I gasped. I'm going to need some eyebrow tips from this girl, I thought to myself. 'She's quite sporty, definitely sportier than me. I remember one of the first things she told me was that she loved ice hockey. She's also shorter than me, thank God.' He beamed at me and I laughed along.

Vik seemed so genuinely happy and proud of himself that he found someone like Ella. He was excited more than anything else. Then his phone buzzed in his hand, whilst he was still showing it to me, because he had received a text from the very girl we were talking about at the moment. 'Wait, she texted me!' His deep brown eyes sparkled.

'What a coincidence!' I said. Speaking of the devil, is what I was going to say, but then I felt rude and disrespectful. That, and that saying only works when you're talking about me. But as if on cue, my own phone beeped to tell me I had gotten a text as well. Of course, it was from the one and only.

Si: is that you talking with vik downstairs??

Me: yep gmorning

Si: so you come to our house to hang out with vik and not me?? 😔💔

Me: it's 6 in the morning, I was told you just went to bed 😂

Si: cuddle?

Me: I'll be there in 2

'Is that Simon texting you?' Vik asked as he attempted to lean over to see me screen. I nodded at him. He leaned back and faced the staircase. 'Oi, you jealous mate?' He yelled.

There was something shuffling upstairs, and then Simon replied in a voice heavy with sleep. 'That you're hanging out with my girlfriend at 6am? Not at all,' He replied back sarcastically which made Vik and I laugh.

'I better head upstairs then,' I told Vik who dismissed me with a nod. He was still too invested in his phone to notice that I got up and made my way upstairs.

'Good morning,' Simon grumbled with his eyes still closed as I pushed his door open and walked into his room. He groaned when I threw myself on his bed, causing him to fly up into the air and then bounce back on the mattress once or twice.