Chapter 62

Surprise! New update! You're welcome :)

I really wanted to have this up yesterday but it just didn't happen lol but here you go

Traveling back home with a newborn baby is a pain in the butt. Being on a plane with a baby always has been a pain in the butt. Fact of the day. The flight attendants even gave out ear plugs to other passengers, which riled Freya up completely. And the three hour flight really could not have passed any slower. I sat next to Sarah, who passed out with her headphones on as soon as we were in the air.

I, on the other hand, really wanted to help Freya and Josh with Troye. It was clear that the altitude changes were making his ears hurt, and a bottle of milk or Josh's effort of entertaining him with one of the toys he got just didn't pay off. Simon was also occupied with the baby, offering to hold him and walk up and down the aisle every time he screamed.

I didn't want to admit it, but seeing Simon being this responsible with his best friend's baby was giving me second thoughts.

In the back of my mind, I was also dreading coming back to London. It meant I'd have to face my last exams and work hard to finish school and the exhibition of the photography skills I had learned over the last three years. I needed to organise all of it before my graduation, which was right around the corner...

At least I'd finally see my parents again. And I knew they'd be willing to help me with anything.

"I can't believe we're graduating! The day is finally here!" Sarah sang excitedly as she curled her hair in the biggest bathroom of the flat. Freya had been staying at the Sidemen house with Josh and Troye for the last couple of days, which was understandable. She promised she'd come to the graduation, though.

"I know! The last three years have all been adding up to this." I replied as I watched myself brush my teeth in the mirror. We were wearing similar navy blue dresses, which was the dress code. Soon, we'd be driving back to uni for the last time, see all of our school friends for the last time and get a chance to all celebrate together.

We suddenly heard the front door of flat open, and footsteps sounded on the wooden floor. "We're here! Are our graduates excited?" My mum called. I gasped and spat out the toothpaste as fast as I could, bounding down the hallway into my parents arms. My dad waited by the front door with his arms opened wide, enveloping me in a big hug when I ran into him. My mum did the same, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

Sarah followed me down the hall sheepishly. She'd met my parents a couple of times, but she still felt shy about it. "Hi," She said softly, walking over to my parents.

"You girls look beautiful," My mum commented, making us smile.

"Thank you," Sarah said politely.

"Are you ready?" My dad asked, holding his arms behind his back. He was going to be driving us to our graduation.

"Nearly, just let me wipe this toothpaste off my face," I replied and speed-walked back down the hallway to the bathroom.

"Are you nervous?" My dad asked, peeking his head into the bathroom after opening the door cautiously.

"Yes," I said with a sigh. "But you've got to do what you've got to do, right?"

"Sarah Close has studied music, focusing on piano as well as singing and songwriting in the last three years. We are pleased to announce that she has earned her degree in music as we have seen her improve and develop her skills through her various social media platforms. Congratulations!" The principal said, inviting Sarah up on stage.