Pangalawa

Seven years ago Richard was busy in tidying his new room after his parents' separation. One final hearing and a family he use to brag about shattered with all the beautiful memories he will never forget. His mother left to America leaving him with no choice but to stay with his dad here in Bulacan, in this new house, he will have to start his new life.

It was here where his eyes first laid hold of her.

Richard

Through the window of my new room I saw you as you took a stop from your walk...I notice that you seem tired and by that you decided to sit down. I became curious because you seem restless and confuse and thus began to wonder:

Bakit ka malungkot?

It was such a relief that I'm not the only one with a broken heart right now.

You get a piece of paper from your pocket, tear it into pieces and throw it on the air.

And then, you left.

Simula nung araw na yun naging hilig ko na napanuorin ka mula sa bintana. Hindi ko nga alam bakit paborito mong tambayan yung punong mangga sa tapat ng kalsada namin
pero aaminin ko...

Masaya akong nakikita ka mula dito sa malayo, sa lugar na hindi mo nakikita...dito, habang nakatulala ka sa kawalan, pinagmamasdan at parang nakatulala rin ako sayo.

Excuse me, hindi ka maganda no natutuwa lang talaga ako sa mukha mo tsaka ayokong lumabas ng bahay para maghanap ng kaibigan, nandyan ka naman eh, friends na tayo kahit hindi mo alam.

It has become a habit that Richard didn't notice. After his class in the morning he'll wait by the window for this girl whose name is yet unknown to him.

Until one day...

Umupo ako sa harap ng study table na tapat ng bintanang panuoran ko. Kumuha ng mga makukutkot na para bang manunuod ako ng sine at binuksan ang isa habang inaabangan ka. Tumingin ako sa orasan sa may pader, late ka ata ng isang oras? Pero sige hihintayin pa rin kita baka may pinagawa lang sayo sa bahay.

Naghintay ako, hinintay kita hanggang pagpaalam ang araw at napalitan na ng buwan. Napahawak ako sa dibdib, bakit ako kinakabahan? May nangyari ba sa'yo?

The whole night Richard cannot lull himself to sleep and thoughts of the girl invaded his mind and troubled his heart. He prayed that nothing bad had happened to her and silently asked God to bring her again to that place, promising too to himself that he will be courageous enough to make himself known.

Agad-agad dumeretso sa kwarto si Richard pagkagaling sa eskwelahan. Umupo sa tapat ng bintana at inabangan habang tahimik na nagdadasal na sana ay bumalik ang kaibigang naging karamay niya nitong mga nakaraang araw.

Buntong-hininga.

Bakit kaya hindi ka pa rin dumarating? Hindi na ba kita ulit makikita?

His eyes lit up as a familiar figure he saw walking from afar headed to where she use to stay and bore the rest of the time.

Dugdug.dugdug. dugdug.

He held on his chest near his heart.
Bakit ka nakatingin sakin?

And in a long time after all that has happened in his life, Richard began to feel again.

I saw her smile for the very first time...
I cannot contain this happiness I feel inside me. nababaliw na ata ako.

Pero teka, kumakaway pa sya! Sandali kakaway din ba ako?

Just when he is about to lift his hands and wave back at her he heard a voice coming from the window of the house next to them.