First Love

Ang sabi nila hindi raw namamatay ang unang pag-ibig. Siguro hindi naman yun totoo. Kase baka yung ala-ala lang nung mga panahon na yon ang mahirap mawala ng tuluyan.

Grabe, isang taon na rin pala ang nakakaraan nung huli ko syang nakita. Iba pala kapag napapagitnaan ka ng dalawang taong yung isa minahal mo mula pagkabata habang yung isa nangako kang mamahalin hanggang sa pagtanda. Walang libro ang makakapaghanda sakin sa pagkakaong ganito.

SAM ENTERED the hall unannounced. There's a clamour but he cannot understand it from where he is standing. Good thing, the emcee noticed him. Smiling, he wave to the people who look shocked by his unexpected arrival. After all, he was not a batch mate.

"Si Sam ba yan, yung ex ni Raine?" One lady whispered to the woman sitting next to her who's face is filled with uncertainty.

This started the buzz around the hall. People are looking either to him or to the couple who are now also in state of uneasiness.

"Oh shocks." Richard sighed. "Is this whom I believe it is?" He added before pressing his hand tighter on the hand he's holding.

What Richard said was more a statement than a question but the woman who is the center of attention as of the moment did not said a thing or two. She's just there staring on the new comer. There's neither look of panic, of hate, of love, or even embarrassment.

Seeing this, L.A poked her to know if she's still alive. "Girl, okey ka lang?"

Raine looked at her and as her friend anticipate for a reaction, she only smiles and give a meaningful answer, "why will I not be?"

"Huwaw englishing si bakla. Good. Teka, di ka talaga affected?"

She looked at L.A then mouthed, 'No.'

"Well bakla, kung hindi ka affected..." she leaned forward to whisper-shouted, "si kuya mong RJ nauubusan na ng dugo."

At this, Raine immediately look on her husband beside her at totoo nga, namumuti na si kuya mong RJ sa nangyayari.

She doesn't know if it will make her laugh or she should be serious, but decided to do the latter. He pats Richard's cheeks to get his attention.

No respond.

His eyes are glued to Sam at the moment.

Wait lang, magseselos na ba ako? Raine thinks to herself.

"Huy Chard..." No response.

"Hey RJ..." She blows his ears that should make him ticklish. No response.

Raine sighed and decided to use her special skill. Well, uhmm.. alam nyo na..

Kiss. Just a peck.

And like a magic spell being dispelled, Richard woke up from the dream.

Nauutal itong nagsalita, "ahhahh... y...ye..yess?" He looked at her beautiful face smiling goofy at her.

"Ayan gising na ang prince charming ko!" She exclaimed silently. "Kala ko nakatulog ka nang dilat ang mata." Biro nito.

He smiles a bit awkward before stating the obvious, "Sam's here." Which gained him a lifted brow from Raine and she commented, "So?"

Ayaw mang aminin ni Richard insecure talaga sya pagdating kay Sam. He witnessed how broken she was because of this love that is never given back; she saw the sparks in Raine's eyes before everytime Sam is the topic. He saw her loving him. He saw and it's like a memory that will always haunt him: seeing the first man who had her heart.

Parang nagkabaliktad na ata ang sitwasyon nila ngayon ah. Kanina sya yung gustong magpalakas ng loob ni Raine, ngayon, para syang nauupos na kandila sa inuupuan nila. Looking at Sam, he is very sure of himself by the way he waves his hand to every one and as he walks towards their seats, he's like seeing the greatest fear becoming real before his eyes.