Labing-Anim

A/N thank you for reading and commenting @CatherineRoxas9.

//

Raine is still overwhelmed by the things transpired today.

First, she woke up not really feeling well. She doesn't know but she finds no delight in anything. The food tastes dull, the television shows corny, and the hour is ticking by sooo sloooowly.

Second, she took a nap and didn't realize that it's about time for Sam and her to leave for the concert. Actually, she's not really excited about tonight and her limbs seem to lose their energy to move but she must go plus her head is telling her that this is the right thing to do.

Third, when she thought Richard wont come, she was surprised to see him, his face unshaven for a week and his eyes a little tired. She looked worringly at him but thought that maybe there's a lot of operations he has to attend to. She wonders if he's eating right.

Fourth, after not seeing him like a thousand years, she's yearning to talk to him, ask if he's doing good, looking forward to his megawatt smile but disappointed to not see one until...

Fifth, a stranger who seems so close to him caused her heart to burst out of frustration. She doesn't know why their closeness does some unacceptable hurt deep inside her soul. And for the first time tonight he smiled, yet it's not for her.

Later the night.

'Ano ba sira dito sa Edsa na naman?

'......'

'Hay...we are here for two hours na..ano ba to?!'

'.....'

'Hey, may kasama ba ko? Earth to Raine.'

'Earth to Raine...you hungry?'

Sam has been trying to calm himself for an unresponsive companion. Hindi nya alam kung may kasama ba talaga sya dahil simula nung umalis sila sa MOA arena wala na syang narinig mula sa dalaga. He wonders why. Maybe she was still on a hangover sa natapos na concert. He thinks as he stare on the woman whose leaning by the window and whose mind is elsewhere.

Finally after another 30 mins. stuck on traffic the cars moved.

'Raine, where do you wanna eat?' Sam asked as he's having second thoughts on the restaurant he's taking her.

Raine looked at him blankly and raise her brows like she's telling him wordlessly 'I don't know.'

Sam sighed deeply a little irritate on how she's reacting towards him. He then pulled the car to the side to talk to her seriously.

'Look, hindi ka pa rin ba nakaka-recover sa yellow? Hay ano ba Raine, I get it, I know that's your song for me nung highschool tayo...' He started his speech as Raine looked at him clueless on where his talk will go.

'Raine I know may gusto ka na sakin noon pa man but you see you're sending mix signals to me on whether to pursue you or not kaya nung dumating si Pat nabalewala kita..' Tuloy nito.

'Pero ngayon itatama na natin kung anong dapat ang nangyari noon pa man.' He held Raine's hands.

'Ikaw at ako Raine, let's start together.' He looked on her with much sincerity to which Raine seemed surprise. But she gather her thoughts, pulled away from him and asked him with same sincerity.

'Mahal mo ba talaga ako o dahil wala lang si Pat kaya ako ang pinipili mo ngayon?'

Sam was astounded by her boldness but answered squarely.

'Look Raine, I know that you are still doubting my inten...'

Hindi na naituloy pa ni Sam ang sasabihin ng biglang tumunog ang cellphone nya signaling an incoming call.

(Phone ringing)

'Wait Raine, I must get this.'

She nodded. Shh... See mas inuuna mo yung phone over me. She thinks.

He get his phone from his pocket and a shock face is visible in his eyes.

'Who is it?' Raine asked suspiciously.

He stared at her for a while before he speaks.

'Sorry Raine, I know gutom ka na and its a bit late pero pwede ka bang kumuha ng uber to get home?Something came up. Super emergency lang talaga.' Sam said in a rush na para talaga syang nagmamadali.

Hindi alam ni Raine kung anong dapat maramdaman at gawin. Coz here is a guy whose a while ago professing  to her his heart and after a minute can literally dump her on a middle of nowhere.

'Raine...sorry talaga. Promise babawi...'

'Stop. Ok. If that's really an emergency you should attend to that immediately. I should get going then.' She said in one stop then get out of the car as soon as she spoke the last word.

Binaba ni Sam ang bintana nya and said his last advice sa dalaga.

'Call me when you get home, tawagan kita agad mamaya. Mag-ingat ka.'

She just nodded looking another way.

The car left out of her sight as soon as they said their goodbyes.

'Hay nako...tawagan kita ah agad mamaya. Call me ah pag uwi mo.' Sabi ni Raine while comically imitating Sam's words at her.

There she was walking on a road she doesn't know. Sa lahat ng pagbababaan dito pa sa madamo. She thinks. Parang napanuod ko na to ah! Gulantang na sabi nya.

'Oh my goodness! I must come out of here.' She shrink inside her mind.

She grab her phone from her pouch and tried to book an uber taxi.

Parang walang dumadaan dito ah.. She thought to herself while observing the place. The road ahead seems endless to where she is.

She pouted when a thought hit her, 'wala nga pala akong dalang pera..' 
She looked again on her cellphone that says 15% battery remaining.

'Lord, help me... Pano po ako uuwi?' Singhal nya while looking up. Parang iiyak na sya when her phone rings.

(Phone ringing)

She answered it right away kahit sino pa to para matulungan sya. Her brain not functioning well this very moment.

'Hello...?' Sabi nya trying to hold back her tears.

'Oh bakit?! What happened?' The person on the other line asks worringly.

'Riii...chard?
.
.
.
Sunduin mo ko please...' She said in between sobs.