Walo na

Raine

Nagsinungaling ako. Sam didn't txt me na sunduin sya dahil nasiraan sya ng kotse.

From: Sam

Hi Raine. Busy?

Raine received the message after her call from Richard ended telling her that he's on his way.

To: Sam

No. Why? Do you need anything?

To: Raine

Yes. No.
I don't know. Could you come over?

And with that her brain went on reboot. She totally forgot about Richard and the dinner until she heard the knocks on the door, suddenly her wits came back.

Richard. Oo nga pala...

'Hey, what's with the rush?' He asks. Should I tell him?

'I'm sorry Chard, tumawag kasi si Sam nagpapasundo, nasira daw kasi yung kotse nya.'

Ano ba Raine, bat yun ang sinabi mo?

'Mind if I tag along?' He offered.

'No. Its ok. Hahatid ko lang sya sa house nila then balik ako agad. Luto na yung sinigang mauna ka nang kumain kung gutom ka na.' I said then walked out the door without looking back. As I closed the door l leaned on it and sigh deeply.

'Babalik ako marshmallow, teka lang.'

//

My car parked outside his condo unit. I stepped out with a heavy heart. San ba galing to, sa pagpunta kay Sam o sa pag-iwan kay Chard? Hay...

I knocked on his door. No one's answering.

'Sam.' I called as I continually knock on his door.

Sabi nya nandito sya.

'Sam..' I called again.

Finally, the door opened and there stood a caveman that lose a little of his weight.

'Raine. You came.' He greeted me in a low voice.

'Of course. I will always come if you need me.'

I remember those times na kahit nagkakaigihan na sila ni Pat, Sam would always call me at home and ask me to come over.

Just like before, of course.

I stepped inside his unit and observed the horror of the place. Things scattered everywhere and the scent of alcohol is evident in the air.

'Inom ka ata ng inom ah..' I commented while finding a place to sit on.

'Do you have news with her where abouts?' He asked in a cracking voice.

Patricia. Just like before, of course.

You would ask me to come over just to spend the whole afternoon talking about her.

'No. Even tita has no update on her.' I said sadly while looking on the floor.

Bakit ba ko nandito? I ask myself and a picture of Richard appeared in my mind.

Dapat niyayabang ko dun kay boy glutha yung sinigang ko eh. Kumain na kaya sya?

'Raine. Raine.' Sam's voice woken me from my reverie.

'Yes Sam.' I answered attentively.