Another Beginning

I am half asleep leaning on your chest; the scent of your clothes and body enveloping me as your hand caressing mine drawing circles on my palm lulling me to paradise, I have all that I need in the world—-you by my side.

Richard drape his arms around his sleeping wife, cherishing simple moments like this with her. Life is not like what you see on the pages of novels where the main characters have all the time in the world to be together. In real life, work, and so many other things would demand your minutes and attention, but what real life makes it beautiful is that in spite of those many clamors, you still choose the most important to you, and to Richard, next to God is the woman in his arms.

They are hitting the road since this morning, Richard and Raine with L.A and Pocholo who is in the driver seat going to Pampanga for the extended H.S reunion.

"Ang sarap tignan ng mga baklang yun sa likod oh." L.A noted to her husband while admiring the intimacy of the two. "Sarap gawing buko salad."

"Buko salad?" Pocholo asked with a furrowed brows.

"Tamis eh! Daig pa bagong kasal saka magjowa. Daig pa yung mga teenager na pabebe dyan sa luneta. Kinakabog yung mga koreanobela sa pagningning ng mga mata pag magkasama. Kakaloka honey bee! Saka ang sarap kalbuhin ni bakla, ang gwapo——- "

Her husband has to glance at her while she choked on her own words.

"Ang gwapo-gwapo mo!!! Focus ka na dyan, ginugulo mo ko."

—————————
They got to their destination in no time and as expected, everyone seem to be amazed by the presence of the one and only Richard Reyes Jr. to their gathering. The girls gush on his physique, wearing white polo and ripped pants, rayban glasses to complete his total yumminess. But as the usual Richard, he is not aware of his effect. Wala lang para sa kanya.

They were escorted to their private villas on the resort and as the door closes, Raine seem to be uncomfortably quiet.

"Baby love, what's the problem?" Richard worringly asked as he approach her.

She pouted.

Cute!

"Wala..."

He smiles knowingly.

"Wala?"

"Wala nga...." she answered and start to mindlessly fix their things.

"Lika nga dito. Upo muna tayo kasi wala sa mood yung baby namin." Richard sits on the bed while Raine remains standing in front of him.

"Upo ka dito bilis." He tapped on his lap.

She pouted again.

"Iiihhhh... bakit dyan?dito na lang sa tabi mo." She said and about to sit down when Richard scooped her up and bring her to sit on his lap. She blushed.

"You." He tap her nose. "I love your teenage antics. You're making it hard for me to not kiss you now."

She ducks her head.

"Iiiihhh... Richard naman eh."

"Hey, why'd you call me Richard ha? What's the problem ba Raine my love?' He asks seriously but with a glint in his eyes.

"Tsk." She looks at him puppy eyes. "Alam mo nakakainis." He lifted his brows asking her to continue. "Bat pag maraming tao feeling ko ibang tao ka? Feeling ko artista ka, feeling ko super gwapo mo which is true naman pero parang to the highest level yung profile mo habang ako, sino ba ko? Si Raine lang naman ako, marunong magprito ng tusino, maghugas ng pinggan, magtanim ng halaman.. medyo magaling din naman akong magjoke, mapagtatyagaan na yung ganda, pwede na rin naman yung curves, tsaka mara———" he stopped her.

"Oh tapos mo nang laitin sarili mo? Are you done mocking my wife? Are you finish belittling my other half that I love with my whole heart?"

Richard plants small kisses all over her face and envelops her with a warm hug, hoping to remove all her insecurities and doubts on herself and now to their relationship.

"I don't deserve you." She muttered unto the thin air. "Now I know what cinderella must felt like when she danced with prince charming. I know why she never came back after that night. It's because she's not the princess that he danced with on that ball. That princess has a carriage, servants, an elegant dress, beautiful embellishements to adorn her face and body. She's not the princess the prince has come to love."

With this, she heave a sigh with silent tears, hiding herself between his neck and shoulder. Richard was not prepared for this. He doesn't know the kind of hurt she must be dealing with right now. This is differrent. He thought that being with the people she grew up with belittling her cause this 'ugly' insecurities from his wife.

Memories of how you were before will really hunt a person even if she's now living in the present. The challenge Richard is now facing is to show her that she's not cinderella who got the attention of prince charming one night as they dance just because she's the most beautiful out of many. No. She's Raine whom Richard came to love and adore many years ago because of her heart.

If only I could turn back time. If only I could be there for her.

———————
Hi guys! Hindi ko alam gaano pa tatagal tong story na to. Gusto ko sanang lagyan ng panibagong arc para machallenge ako. But then I realize that some of you came here to read something 'light', yung magaan lang. wala masyadong plot twists or whatever. Kaya I decided to just write normal things. Haha. After all, real life is composed of normal situationas this. Let's see where this will bring us. Sorry if pasulpot sulpot ako. This time try ko to write everyday. Thank you for that one reader that keeps on asking for update. This one is for you. Cathy!