INTRODUCTION

We were rafting across the dense meadows the signature sweet smell was filling all my senses with the sweet nostalgia of my childhood and younger days. We crossed the green lands and finally stopped at our destination. A gentle breeze caressed my cheeks, how fragrant the garden!
Bless the gardener for how wonderful a job he's done! The purple orchids cuddling with open arms of the green creepers, the old trees charming the mansion around and the blossom around the fountain where all my precious memory awaits stands still in the centre of the garden.
A sweet smile pardoned, I walked breathing in the scent of my generous arcade.
Away from the hustle of the city life, sleeps soundly our little home. Since I was about as young as two my mother have made this heavenly abode our vacation home; we visit here every three years. Obeying the custom out grand dad made when he was Alive. My mother, his earnest brothers and her sister lives to fulfil it every three years with their whole family. My grandma lives and fears our relations will be hollow and robbed of sentiment if we never indulge in a pure affection with each other. Resulting we aren't allowed to use our modern day technology,not that it would be of any use here; the very reason this have been considered our meeting place.
Far from the city air, the wind here knows nothing about the ever driven loathsome and tiring lives we have back home, no malice, no haste.
My grandma comes here first and awaits our families, we join in one by one. The cars here all rest themselves for a month, a beautiful and loving month.
I hurried to the gate and opened it, last year unfortunately I was held back because of my aunts bad health and had to stay with her to nurse her way to her well being; today however after six long years nothing can stop me.

I embraced my grandma, in her late sixties with grey hair peeking from under her scarf, she's such a fine lady. Her cheeks still supple, her forehead though wrinkled shows no frown of old age, her smile the sweetest and her manners all attending.

"Ah! How much I missed you my dear Mahnoor!"
She exclaimed as embraced me warmly kissing my forehead.

"You don't know how much I await seeing you granna!"
I replied containing my tears which happen to sneak out every time I see her.

The servants are busy setting the house and so is my mother. I drag my sister Masirah to greet granna and sat with her all evening.

When the starlight broke I gasped. I was eagerly waiting for the night to come, when the skies would be clear, the mist would block the gates and the stars would light up the violet sky and I would see him come.

I would stumble on my own thoughts, nibble my own nails;stare my own reflection and await him to come.

Three families, 2 sister's, 2 brother's and several kids; beyond any beauty this parallel heaven on earth can afford; I , Mahnoor is recklessly a salve of her own mad passion (yet to admit) about her cousin.

My breath gets heavier as the chill rises. My mother scolds from the garden for me to return from the balcony but I said I'm mad, I'll repeat I'm mad.

The wall of this terrace is low and craved with floral pink patterns like the rest of the mansion, the thick pillars are scratched with our memories, all of us. The house extends to the great hall with the large dining at the right, the majestic staircase at the centre gives all the city girls to be a princess for once yet. The rooms though plenty, we bring in use a few. The servant here at the back is cleaning the balcony and smiles every time I look at him; My eyes without blinking to the gate.

I await for the gates to reveal what my eyes has beheld for these six years. Be a reality now, I've played this scenario in my head every night but in vain because the truth was far. The truth but is today. I am nervous but anxious. Cheerful yet a bit dizzy.

I heard the Comer's actions state, he will be opening the gate in a few minutes..

Does he remembers me?