A Beg for love

It's been two days since the reception,a brutal event to me. I had to witness my love being in hands of Mehreen,she was happy but I detest her happiness. For when she is happy,smiling and blushing on the stage;my mourns with torture that Burhan has been the cause and if Burhan is loving her,I can't live being unloved.

Today I was enraged by the way Burhan has been skipping me. Zara's husband Yunnus have come in unexpectedly with his second wife Rumana. I looked at her,she was behind Yunnus the whole time. She looked scared but she covered it with rather a convincing smile.

"She's so shameful!" Mawra grunted.

"How dare she come here!" The maid mumbled with her.

A second wife....I'll be Burhan's second wife?

I kept looking at her,she had no sympathy from anyone. She was not welcomed,nobody talked to her. It was saddening me so I greeted her with a glass of juice,I laugh at my own misery. I had been the most bitter about the idea of a second woman. So unbelievable I now fancy to be one.....

She smiled back and thanked me.

"Aha! Mahi! Here you come!" Aabish rejoiced as I returned to the kitchen. They all clustered around me. I was confused.

What? My eyes asked.

"What did you mix in her drink?" Mawra asked.

"Nothing" I replied nervously.

"What! But you should've! Oh god! Mahi why are you being sensitive to that lady! She's a bit--" I stopped Aabish's words.

I was feverish with their actions,I know I was one of them but now I'll be one of her.

She was humiliated by none of us giving her an ounce of greeting,no one talked to her,she was ignored basically.

When Zara went away with his husband she cried to her mum. All I could hear was every Ill- word against her,she was cursed.......

I secluded myself and a delirium was thrusting upon,I was thinking about myself,to assure,to calm ,to somehow believe that I can never be like,her situation and my situation are different. I love Burhan,he loves me too,I ain't coming in between....I am not Another woman.....

I sat alone curling myself on the garden bench,what should I do?

And Mehreen is always smiling. I suddenly felt a strong grip on my arm and the force took me away. It was Burhan.

He took me to the back door of the living room,it's always vacant and dark. I could hear his breath.

"I don't want to marry you Mahnoor" he stated firmly.

"What! No! Don't say that" I interjected.

"You don't understand Mahnoor,I would never be able to do justice to you. I fear my Lord Mahnoor! He would punish me severely if I wrong Mehreen,he would punish me of I would leave her without a valid reason! I cannot wrong her!" He spoke gritting his teeth in falling hopes.

"So don't leave her,marry me; I would be alright having her" I said though I was unsure.

"I refuse,I refuse to marry you. I cannot keep my promise. Please forgive me Mahnoor!" He was tame but bold on his apprehension.

"You cannot do this to me!"I said breaking into absolute pieces.

"Forget me Mahnoor!" He exclaimed with his misty eyes.

"I cannot,I would bear be your something but I won't bear be your nothing" I helplessly retaliated.

"You don't understand.... I love you more than you love me,believe me when I say that. But I wouldn't be able to bear see you be treated like how they treated Rumana"
He stated as a single tear fell off his eyes.