Passing Days

I spotted Mawra worried in a the lawn,her face worried.

"Hey? All good?" I asked. She just nodded in her ghostly fright and swiftly walked away, a moment later Burhan came in.

"Mahnoor.." He said with a smile.

"Is Uncle here yet?" I asked him.

"No it'll take him another day" he came closer and enquired "where's Mawra?"

"She went inside" I pointed to the doorway behind my back.
"Any work?"  I hesitantly asked.

He shook his head and went away. Weird.

It seems like something or the other is cooking inside everyone's mind and nobody wants to reveal it. Only me and poor Anya are left alone. I played with her. Tufayl becomes a living hell for us when we have our periods because he keeps on investigating our crime of missing our prayer,isn't he old enough!

I've been hiding from him and acting like I've just come from other room after praying with my scarf wrapped tightly.

He screens me down and walks out.

Aabish's head is on Mehreen's lap and she's running her finger through his hair as he stares at my hands.

I immediately flaunted the henna on my hand turned into a deep maroon. I kept swaying my hands in the air till he grunted "Stop Noir ! We get it,your man's dying to love you"

Yes! Burhan loves me! I mentally slapped myself awake he is yet not my man,is isn't dying to love me. But I wish he is!

"How adorable you two look!" I said pulling out my phone to click a picture.

"Don't ruin it Noir!" Aabish cried blocking my camera with his hands. Then he took Mehreen's hand in his and brought them closer to himself and opened his palm "look at my sister's hands Noir! Better than yours hah!" He boasted. I mouthed 'shahid' as mehreen looked at me.

Mawra in the corner sat smiling to herself.

"You! You retard,show your hands here" he hissed.

Mawra jumped out of her bubbles with her hands out,"he loves me more than anybody here is loved!" She bursted out in joy.

"I think the henna was adulterated with some sort of artificial color or else how Mawra have such a deep color with a face like that!" Aabish said in a disgust,we laughed hysterically.

I was overjoyed. My color was deep and I sat adoring it whenever my sight fell on my hands. I wanna do this all the time!

Enaya was one with the deepest color of all,when we sat together she addressed attention to her palms and announced "my husband loves me the most,is anyone around who's love can compare to mine?"

Burhan leaned in close and said "what's the theory?"

"The deeper the color the more your husband loves you"
Answered Sarah.

"Okay I need to inspect, everybody palms out" he commanded.

He saw everybody's hand and when he saw mine,his smiled reached his ear. I was shy again. I love you I said internally.

"Bring me something to drink before I die off this womanly talk" Tufayl agitated.

I bought some drinks and passed over,when I returned to keep the empty glasses Aabish was sitting in the compound alone.

"Aabishhhh" I called. He heard but ignored.

I sat beside. "What happened, you sad?"

"Yes" he replied. I took his hand in mine. "Why?" I looked in his eyes.