Chapter Three

The art school was huge.

I couldn't help but feel like a mere dog with my tail in between my legs, I had a strange urge to hold Jasper's hand like a frightened child but I wouldn't let myself stoop down to such a level.

Before Jasper left me stranded at the opening of the school, he gave me his number messily scrawled on a flimsy piece of paper and told me to text him when the class was over, but then strictly told me not to text him during his class time.

How the hell was I meant to know when his class was on or not?

With shaky legs I walked inside the campus, my hands clutching the strap of my satchel with nerves. The bloody bastard could have been decent enough to show me the way. Luckily for me, the signage was on point and I found my class with ease.

The halls were impeccable, the polished marble floors sparkled and the art that hung on the walls were originals by famous painters. I expected no less, it was a very high up school that cost a lot of money to attend, but with the help of Jasper, I got in for a very little price.

I took a deep, shaky breath before walking into the class.

The classroom was a rather small, quirky space. It stood out like a sore thumb compared the rest of the building.

Paintings and sketches covered the walls, original artworks from the students I assumed. The other classrooms that I peaked in had no resemblance to this room with their sleek marble floors, dazzling chandeliers, and pristine working benches. In a way the other rooms were bland, no artworks hung on the walls and the rooms were absolutely spotless whereas this room was littered with paper, paint tubes and brushes. It had character.

The quaint charm of the room eased the nerves bubbling in my stomach; I quite liked the aura it had. It was definitely a lot less intimidating than the rest of the luxurious, expensive-as-hell looking school.

A few friendly, curious faces smiled at me as I walked through the doorway and I exhaled in relief, for some strange reason I imagined they'd all be as bitter as Jasper.

A middle-aged man with slightly graying hair and a bright smile made his way over to me. 

"Welcome, you must be Lauren," he gave me a calloused hand to shake, "I'm Mr Finley, but most of the students call me Mr. F. I'm sure you're going to love it here."

I shook his hand with a shy smile, "Thank you."

"You can take a seat next to Juliana," he gestured to a pretty, dark-skinned woman, "don't worry she doesn't bite."

I nodded a slight blush on my cheeks as I took my seat.

"Hey," Juliana murmured, a soft smile was on her lips.

"Hi."

Juliana opened her mouth to say something else when a bubbly looking blonde butted in.

"Where did you move from?" she came out from nowhere, her pretty blue eyes wide with awe. 

I scratched the back of my neck nervously, "Just from the outskirts of the city, nothing too flash," I mumbled.

"Fuck off Joanne" Juliana hissed, "or Mr F is going to rip you a new one."

"Shut up Julie, you just want to keep the newbie all to yourself don't you?"

I stared wide eyed at the argument unfolding in front of me. This was not what I was expecting, but it was strangely amusing.

"If you guys don't stop I'm seriously leaving this classroom for good, I can't put up with this crap for much longer," a guy with shaggy brown hair and deep green eyes groaned.