Chapter Sixteen

Tanner Blake was hot. 

He was the type of hot that had me drooling at every word and batting my lashes for attention. His lean, well-built body partnered with the surfer boy look he had going on with his messy blonde locks and electric blue eyes was definitely my type, though for some unexplainable reason this time round I didn't find my legs quaking with lust or my heart beating out of my chest. 

I had an urge, but it wasn't to ravenously kiss him or seduce him. My fingers itched, and something inside me blossomed. 

I had to hold myself from saying it as we sat down and ordered our coffee, but I knew I wouldn't be able to hold back much longer. He would think I was weird, not that I cared what he thought necessarily but he probably wouldn't let me do what I ached to do so badly. 

I grasped my hands tightly around my coffee mug as the waitress left, and stared into his eyes. He was apologising for what happened at the party, I could care less. 

My grasp around the coffee mug tightened as I gained the courage to just say it, I instantly thought of Shia Labeouf. What would he do? 

Ugh, here goes nothing. I took a deep breath... 

"Can I paint you?" 

He paused as a simple breathtaking smile played on his lips, his eyes lighting up like a puppy's, "That'd be awesome!" 

I heaved a sigh of relief, thank god. 

We finished our coffees quickly, I had wanted to drag him to my room and paint his striking appearance as soon as possible, get it on paper so it could last forever.

When Juliana said he was hot, she wasn't wrong.... Though there was a sort of beauty to his hotness, he didn't reek of overbearing testosterone or drip of sexual attraction he was just simply gorgeous in a refreshing, almost delicate kind of way.

"So, I heard you work at the dog wash?" I chirped, the coffee making me buzz.

"Yeah," he scratched the back of his neck, a slight blush tinting his cheeks, "I'm a dog lover so when I got offered the job I couldn't refuse."

"That's so cool, I'm actually proud cat lover myself," I smiled, my heart warming at the thoughts of the fluffy creatures.

He pursed his lips and I raised my brow, "You have something against cats?"

That would definitely be a problem. 

"No, no, no," he frantically waved my suspicions away, "I'm allergic is all."

"Great, means we can still hang out," I winked, jumping up from my seat I wiped the nonexistent crumbs off my pants.

He paled and I chuckled, "I was only joking, want to come over my place now or will another time suit?" 

He looked taken aback, "You want to paint me now?" 

"Well, uh," It was my turn to scratch the back of my neck, "if you don't want to, that's fine." 

"I didn't mean it like that, I would love to come to your place," he smiled warmly and I felt myself relax. 

"Awesome." 

---

The sweet tune of moonlight sonata enveloped me as I roughly sketched Tanner on the white board I was soon to paint on. I wasn't confident enough with paints to start painting straight onto the board with no direction or some type of guide. I also didn't have many paints to paint with, I'd ask Jasper later he'd be bound to have some lying around. 

We sat across from each other in my room, which was embarrassingly in shambles. Though he didn't seem to mind, I was glad. 

It was embarrassing enough that we had to escape from my pestering mother, who by the look on his face, Tanner had seen before. If you know what I mean. He didn't say anything though. Which was a good thing asJasper stood intimidatingly behind her a with a friendly smile on his face but a dangerous gleam in his eyes.

Jasper knew my mum. 

My mum definitely could tell that Tanner was hot, she was all over him like a hot mess. I knew she'd try and squeeze as much gossip out of me later, I couldn't wait. 

"So do you do this often?" He asked and I raised an eyebrow. 

"Do what?" 

"You know, let random guys in your room and paint them," He elaborated, a cheeky smile on his lips. 

"Be amazed, but you're the first one," I snorted, "how do you feel?" 

He placed a hand over his heart, "I'm honoured to be your first." 

"You better be.... and I'm done!" I sketched the last of it and threw the pencil down. I was happy with the outcome, it would be impossible to recreate an image of Tanner that gave you that feeling when you looked into his eyes. It was like his beauty was something that couldn't be captured by an artist, or even a photographer. It wasn't just his looks that made him, him it was the inviting aura he had. But overall I was happy, the man in the picture atleast sort of resembled him. 

Tanner got up from his seat and hurried over to my side, his eyes widening when he saw the sketch. 

"Wow Lauren, this is amazing! It really looks like me!" 

"You think so?" I asked, hopeful. 

"Yeah definitely, when are you going to paint it?" He asked his hand resting on my lower back. I ignored it. 

"I don't know, hopefully soon. I was going to scab some paints from Jasper," I mumbled, a hand on my chin in thought. 

"Jasper's that scary one from before right?" He asked cautiously. 

"Pfft, scary?" I scoffed, "he's the biggest puss-" 

"I suggest you stop right there, Lauren" The swiftness of Jaspers deep voice made me jump. 

Fuck. 

"Oh, hey Jasper what brings you here?" I turned around with a sheepish smile on my face. 

"I live here," he drawled bluntly. 

"Oh... right," I snorted pathetically. Oh, why did my mind seem to turn to mush in his presence? It must have been the intensity of his gaze, or the strict tone of his voice. Yes, that was it. 

"Your mum and I are going down the street, do you need anything?" 

"No, not really," I muttered, "there is one thing, though, would I be able to use some of your paint?" 

Jasper stared at me for a short minute before pursing his lips, "No." 

"Why not?" I chewed out, my hand clenched. 

"Because," he grumbled, "we'll be back soon, please refrain from any sexual activities under my roof." 

I blushed and sent him a glare, just because I walked in with semen on my pants one time doesn't mean I'm a sexed crazed whore! ... sort of. 

The bloody bastard enjoyed making me pissed.

A/N: ehhhhhhhhhh i dont know how to feel, this chapter is a bit of a mess and because of that im sorry. its also a lot later than usual.. still on time though! Sorry guys, I'm so busy with school at the moment, its homework left, right and centre at the moment and I also have to study for stupid outcomes. ugh. But I'm still trying my hardest to pump out a chapter a week! 

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, now I'm going to go write up a passage analysis. wish me luck I'll need it.