Chapter Fourteen

Jasper stared stony eyed at the road as I bobbed my head to some crap rap song. Sweat beaded at my forehead as the hot morning sun rained down on us and even dressed in my grey tank top and denim short shorts I shrivelled like a dead plant on the leather seat.

"Can we put the air-con on?" I groaned uncomfortably.

"No," he muttered, his eyes concentrated on the road.

I rolled my eyes and flicked the magic switch, sighing in delight as the cool air hit my skin. I smirked as he muttered something under his breath.

On the outside I looked fine, you know except for the wet strands of hair that stuck to my forehead and the blotchiness of my skin, but on the inside I was consumed with the thoughts of meeting up with my hook-up from last night. Usually this didn't happen; usually you did the deed and never saw the persons face again, exactly how I liked it. But now the guy in this, who usually wouldn't touch his drunken hook up with a ten foot pole wanted to meet up? Not only was the night a disappointment, but I had to see his face again?

I just wanted to get my car and go, but I knew Juliana wouldn't let me. I sighed at the thought. I didn't have time for boys, cats yes boys no.

"Your interview is at three today," Jasper said as the car pulled up outside Juliana, Joanna and Jules' house, a cosy red brick house. So simplistic and normal looking compared to Jasper's modern house with its shiny appendages and smooth finishes.

A quaint garden with a vibrant array of pink flourishing chrysanthemums and kaleidoscopic daisies adorned the front lawn and an old cobblestone pathway overgrown with green grass made its way to the front door.

Their house was a home whereas Jasper's house, was.. well a house.

"Don't be late," he grunted moodily as I tried to slide out of his car like a majestic peacock, but did so like a slippery eel.

"Never," I smiled sweetly and slammed the door. He gave me one of his signature glares before zooming off down the road.

I sighed and ventured up the cobblestone path, keys tightly in hand.

----

Juliana was the first person to ball me over as I walked in the door.

"What took you so long?" she snapped, her hard brown eyes scrutinizing my every move. Her tank top and short shorts were similar to my own, except for the fact that she wasn't pale as fuck. There was an attractive bronze glow to her dark skin and if I wasn't busy feeling undermined by the heat of her gaze I would have been busy asking about her skin routine.

"Breakfast?" I squeaked.

"Breakfast?" she questioned, raising an eyebrow.

I nodded sheepishly

She sighed, "Well you missed him, he had to go to work"

"Goo-"

"But I gave him your number, so don't worry you're still getting in," she wiggled her eyebrows suggestively.

"Not like she already has 'gotten in' or anything," Joanna pranced into the room with a sarcastic smirk, her blue eyes full of mischief. She wore a simple blue summer dress and a pair of gladiator sandals.

I groaned loudly and rubbed my temples for relief, "I don't want to talk to him ever again." They both looked at me as if I was mad.

"I'm not interested in men."

"You're a lesbian?" Joanna asked with a furrowed brow, the look of utter confusion on her face adorable, "I thought you and Tanner did things last night?"