Standing up - Lucy

I decided that it was time I stood my ground. I looked them straight in the eyes. I was shaking as I walked up to them, their grins were maniacal. I trembled. I was starting to wonder why I had decided to do this anyways. Their faces may have said ' I dare you.' But I could tell deep down they were as scared as I was. I didn't want to hurt anyone so I just did one simple thing.

"Stop." I said. 

I walked away. I looked back though. They each had a matching confused look on their faces. 

I smiled. Mazie was still looking at me with awe. "Why did you do that? How did you get them to stop? Were you nervous? Are you worried about what will happen at school tomorrow?" That last question was really the only one I paid attention to. I thought about what she had said the rest of the walk home. Even with the bitter wind almost blowing Mazie and I over, all I could think about was tomorrow.

Mazie and I arrived home a little after 3:30. Our house is nice. It's a little apartment. Since we have so little money, Mazie and I have to share a bedroom. It's descent sized, painted a nice pink shade. Not my favorite color but Mazie picked it. Our mom is one of the only nurses in town so she works 16 hour shifts. Our uncle is a bookshop owner so we get all of the newest books.