The Long Walk Home- Lucy

I stared at the old man. Everyone called him crazy, and I could kind of see why.

He looked insane, and the fact that he had a gun just for kids who walked on his property, added to the craziness.

Rose was afraid to stand up, but the man streached his hand out, and she decided it would be better to get up than to stay in the ground. She grabbed his hand, and he pulled her up off the ground.

She looked up at him again, it appeared as though he were smiling at her. It was a small one, but it was there.

She was so shocked that she stuttered, something he did on rare occasion.

"U-u-um. A-aren't y-y-you the crazy old m-man?" She said scarred of what was to come.

He had a raspy laugh. "If that's what they decided to call me I guess! But my real names Clement Walters."

Rose suddenly felt less frightened of Clement. 'I guess actually knowing his name might help.' she thought.

Rose smiled back at him, "I'm Rose Walker! Thank you so much for saving me from those boys." She started stammering. "N-not that I couldn't s-save myself, b-but, it's just-"

Clement cut her off, "I get it, no need to have to explain little lady. Now, do you need someone to help you get home safely?" He said as he lightly patted the pistol in his left pocket.

Rose was a little frightened, but she nodded quickly before she had a chance to change her mind.

He nodded back, "Then let's go, before those jerks come back. Don't worry, I'm prepared." He said with a yellow toothed grin.

Rose gulped and started walking.

She hoped Mazie had made it home okay.

She hoped she would survive the walk home.

She hoped this man wasn't as insane as he appeared to be.

She hoped nothing bad would happen.

She hoped a lot of things.

About 15 minutes into the walk back home, they passed Roses school.

A group of boys were stiiting on a bench in track uniforms, reading their English study books.

Rose looked in on them and then began to blush. (I'm sorry, but almost every book has a love interest)

Clement noticed and asked, "You like one of them boys now don't you?"

Rose blushed the color of a rose, and turned her head away.

"OOH! YOU DO!" Said Clement happily. "Ah to be you and in love." He said with a dreamy look.

Rose turned and glared at Clement. "I am not in love with any of those boys." She said.

Clement grinned, "What's his name?"

Rose went off into dreamland, "His name is Dean. He's on the honor roll and is in my English class." She imedietly snapped back to reality.

Clement was laughing loudly at this, then he shouted over at the group of boys, "Hey fellas!! Which one of you's Dean?"

Rose began tugging on Clements arm. "Clement! Stop! Please!"

But Clement wasn't going to stop anytime soon. A boy with dark brown hair, and a face filled with freckles looked up and said, "Um, I-I'm Dean?"

Clement grinned back down at Rose, "Aw, you two are made for each other!" He then turned back around and yelled, "I THINK THIS LITTLE LADY HERE, ROSE WANTS TO SPEAK WITN YOU ABOUT HER DEEP DEVOTION TO YOU!"

At that point Dean was blushing, and all of the boys around him were laughing hysterically.

Rose was furious with Clement. She turned around and began running in the other direction, crying.

She could've sworn she heard Dean yell, "Rose, wait! We need to talk!"

Rose want stopping for anything. She ran back to her house where her mom was cooking dinner.

She didn't even stop to see what was in the giant black pot her mother was stirring, or who the stranger sitting at her kitchen table was.

She ran up to her room sobbing, to write another letter to her father.

A/N: Hi everyone! I'm baaaackkk! Yay! We write again! I'm not sure if this chapter was sheer genius, or sheer stupidity, but whatever it was, I hope you like it! See you soon!