The Second Letter - Sofia

Rose rushed inside and into the kitchen looking for her family. She found a note on the kitchen table from Uncle George saying that him, Mom, and Mazie had run to the grocery store. It also mentioned that there was a letter for her from the mail. The mail was next to the letter. Rose looked at the mail and picked it up. The address read 9190 English Court, and it was from Rose Walker, to Peter Walker. And a giant read word was stamped across it. "RETURNED."

Tears came to Rose's eyes as she tore up the letter and threw it in the trash. Then, she dashed upstairs to write another one.

~

Dear Dad,

Today was frightening. After school, Rick, his brother Amos and their Dad kidnapped me and took me to the Old Man's house on the edge of town. They kicked me and threw rocks at me. My side aches a lot. Luckily I sent Mazie home before the fighting got bad, but I bet her and Mom are really worried about me. Rick is awful. I hate him more than I've ever hated anything! When they were beating me up outside of the Old Man's house, the Old Man came out and he had a gun! He chased them away, and it turns out he is actually very kind, though a little bit crazy. His name is Clement and he walked me home for safety. But... on the way home, he embarrassed me in front of the boy I like, saying I wanted to tell him my feelings for him. I can still feel my face burning red. The boy I like, his name is Dean. He's on Honor Roll and in my English class, I don't know if I've told you about him yet.
I hope you're doing well in the war, and that everything is okay. I can't wait to see you again, and Mom and Mazie and I all love you very, very much!

Your Daughter,
Rose Walker

Your turn, Hope! Thanks for updating Lucy :)