The Old Man On the Edge Of Town- Pearl

Rose was frozen, rooted to her place. Could it be? And so it was. 

 Amos Evens, the only man over 17 that had swindled his way out of joining the military, most folks called him a cowered for not signing up and not severing the country, of course no one told him this to his face because he had a record for breaking the law and he was a rather mean bully in school who took pleasure in making little kids fight and beating them up afterwards in the alley. 

But his father well, he was one of the biggest master mind criminals, got himself thrown in jail for life for attempted muder on his wife, he didn't even get to see his two boys grow up, only saw them once when they were infants. 

Yes, Rose supposed anyone who had this happen to their father would be relatively closed off from the rest. Oh and I guess It doesn't help but Amos Evens was six feet, four inches and had fists the size of grapefruit and the muscles of a bodybuilder. 

So a girl like Rose Walker only 5"1" and skinny for a seventh grader, had literally no chance against these bully brothers. 

"Hey, what's up bro?"  Greeted Amos 

"Nothing much." Rick shrugged 

Amos then turned to Rose. "So." he sniggered "Who's your little friend?" 

"Little Baby Rosie Walker." Rick mocked in a great impression of Mazie's voice 

"It's just Rose." Rose murmured 

"Oh really?" Said Amos, Rick chuckled in the backround  "I thought it was Little Baby Rosie Walker."  

Then the boys laughed in unison. But in Rosie's opinion she thought this was a horrible joke, but never the less the boys definitely weren't known as the brightest people.

"Hey what say you Rick, want a to go visit a acquaintance of ours with our new lady friend?" He asked. No! Rose though in her head just beat me up or push me in the river or something , just let it be quick so I can get home.

"Yah, that's a great idea Amos!" Exclaimed Rick though Rose could hint some sarcasm in his voice.

Then the boys approached Rose, Rose tried to run away but they grabbed her before she could. They gripped Rose roughly under her arms and through her in the nearest vehicle, which turned out to be theirs. Once they threw Rose in the car she heard them talking about her.

"Are you sure this one deserves this punishment." Whispered Amos 

"Oh yah this girl deserves all the bad things in life." Answered Rick

That's when Roses insides turned to jello. And one question popped into Rose's head "What were they going to do to me?"

The car went down the road smothley a first, but then it began to jostle up and down. Rose could here tiny sand and dirt pebbles hitting the car paint and then Rose realized that they were out of town.

Rose started to wonder where they were going. There wasn't much outside of town, just a bunch of farms. And the nearest town was forty minutes away in both directions. While she was thinking this she also realized that she lived in a very isolated town. 

About twenty minutes into the drive the car escalated upward and Rose then new where they were headed. The car stoped and she heard voices and then the car door swung open and rough hand put a bag carelessly over her head then the rough hand shoved Rose out of the vehicle and in her haste she stumbled on to the dirt. 

"Get up!" Yelded Amos while Rick kicked her in the ribs.

Rose pulled her self up off the ground staggered a little, not quite sure where her center balance was thanks to the bag covering her eyes. A pair of hands grabbed her wrists and Amos cried out 

"Hey you old lug, get out of your shack and come see the surprise we got you!" Then Rose was shoved to the ground,  she was not ready for the impact of the push or the ground and she landed on her wrist which now throbbed with pain. Gun shoots were heard and Rose cringed on the ground not sure where they bullets would take as thier victim. She heard Rick say desperately 

"Let's move Bro the crazy old man has a gun!" More gun shoots, Rose stayed perfectly still on the ground not moving a inch, not even to adjust the bag on her head to see what was going on. Then she heard angers man's voice 

"Get off my property you jerks, or I'll shoot down!"

"Hey let's scram bro!" Shouted Amos 

Then Rose heard the sound of car doors slamming and sound of gun shoots meeting glass and lots and lots of curses words being exchanged. Then it was over. Rose lay on the ground helpless scared and hurt. Her wrist was on fire it hurt so much it was unbearable, she knew it was broken.

"Hey you little girl are you dead?" Said a man's voice Rose didn't answer it hurt to much to move her wrist and she was paralyzed with fright of being hit with a bullet. Rough but gentle hands removed the bag off her head and Rose was looking up into a face of a man. He had a very over grown beard with white speaks in it , a few missing teeth, blood shoot eyes and an he gave off a odor of achohol.