A New Target- Pearl

Rose Walker could not stop blushing. This happened through out the day, and it was madding  and embarrassing  for Rose. However this was not her fault, Rose was under the impression that Dean Thompson liked her maybe even had a crush on her. Wow, Rose thought, she would have never even thought that two days ago but two days ago was different, two days ago there was no... no.....  Ahhh what's the word for it? 

  Confrontion? No. Gathering in the court yard with Dean? Nope definitely not that, honestly Rose had no idea how to describe it. It was probably just a short, brisk talk with...... umm.... a lot of emotion? In Rose's mind that was the best way she could describe the awkward conversation. Dean was kind of a shy guy and what ever he was going to say to her, was cut off by the bell. That was the first time Rose was mad at the bell, if only it had rung a few minutes late she might have heard what Dean had said. 

After the bell rang everybody ran inside but Dean and Rose were in their own little world and payed the others no attention. Dean was shyly smiling down at Rose, assuming that she had heard what he had just said, but poor Rose all she could do was blush crimson and play with the ends of her braids and ask.

"Sorry, but I didn't catch that last bit."  This time it was Dean who was the one to blush, though he shifted his feet instead, and then he stuttered.

"Oh, I.... well, you know just asked.. I mean... told you that..umm.

"Rose Walker and Dean Tompson!!" Said a voice very close to Rose's shoulder, Rose and Dean jumped out of there skin, because they were so wrapped up in themselves that they did not see Sister Graham approch them.

"What do you think your doing out here?!" She barked. "Dilly Dallying out here while class is in session!" 

"Children like your selves have such a blatant disrespect for the rules, they are very simple, yet you still mange to break them anyway!" She exclaimed. 

Then Sister Graham firmly grabbed them by there arms and Rose winced loudly , because that was the exact spot we're she fell upon yesterday, Dean tossed her a worried look over his shoulder, but Sister Graham didn't care and still holding on to them strolled across the lawn and through the doors, muttering the whole way about how children should never have had morning recess, and how boys and girls should not go to school together and how children are a waste of space. 

Then Rose and Dean had gone through an interrogation process, in which they were sent to the head Sisters office and were sentenced with after school detention for a week, though Sister Graham strongly suggested expelling them. Luckily, according to the head Sister they had a clean record and they were A plus students, but of course Sister Graham had to bring up Rose's failed Arithmetic test yesterday, which greatly embarrassed Rose in front of Dean.  Fortunately Rose and Dean left the head Sisters office with nothing more then a week worth of detentions for missing fifteen minutes of first period. 

Once Dean and Rose were free to go back to class and were out in the hall, that was when Rose recalled things got weird. Dean shifted his weight form side to side and tossed Rose a easy going grin that made Rose's heart thump.

"Well that wasn't so bad I guess?" Dean Said "I mean I've heard the sister Graham can be really tough but I didn't know she was that cruel, I'm glad I don't have her for any classes."

Rose tried to calm her thumping heart and steady her voice and then said

"Yeah well she's not that bad,  just a really strict teacher."  Dean crooked his head to the side and studied her then he smiled and said.

"You sure are one of a kind Rose I have never heard someone defend sister Graham before." 

"Well, I have never met anyone to be that afraid of a Sister." Rose said slyly. 

Dean chuckled and reached out and tucked a strand of lose hair behind Rose's ear. Rose shivered in her dress as he did this but, was determined not to blush or not hold his gaze. Dean then whispered shyly. 

"I like being with you Rose, I want to spend more time with you...." Dean then blushed a deep tomato red and he was not the only one too. 

"Ummm that's good then because we'll be in detention together for a week so...." said Rose

"...So then we should probably get to class then, is that what your hinting Rose?" Asked Dean who had regained his normal flesh color once more. 

"I think it would be wise too not get in anymore trouble then we already are." Answered Rose then she smiled wickly and sarcastically said. 

"Because then we could be expelled, and we wouldn't have wonderful Sister Graham anymore." 

"Oh what I shame that would be!" Exclaimed Dean sarcastically. Then Rose and Dean parted in the middle of the hallway filling the opposite ends with happy laughter.

But little did Rose know what was in store for her next, for Patrica Knot had been listening in on their conversation form the girls bathroom vent, and Patrica now knew how to hurt little baby Rosie Walker even more now. Even worse then before because the bully couple had a new prime target now and it wasn't a scrawny little seventh grade girl anymore.