Chapter 19

I ' M  T R Y I N G  T O  M A K E  Y O U  P R O U D, 
D O  E V E R Y T H I N G  Y O U  D I D, 
I  H O P E  Y O U ' R E  U P  T H E R E 
W I T H  G O D  S A Y I N G  "T H A T S  M Y  K I D."

Dom *6 months later*

"Brian, pass me over that rachet." I asked.

I felt the cold metal press into my waiting palm, I tightened the final bolt and took a step back to admire my handy-work, me and Sophia had been working on her 1970 Challenger for the past six months, I wanted to finish it for her.

"What time is she back from the nut doctor?" Rome asked, passing us all a beer and taking a bite of the Hershey bar.

I turned and glared at him, he was referring to Sophia's counselor, we discussed it and originally Dimples decided against it and I respected that but after Sophia was diagnosed with PTSD which brought on panic attacks a month later, I convinced her to give it a trial period- much to her annoyance- and it helped.

Nightmares weren't every night but maybe three times a week. Panic attacks weren't a regular daily occurrence. It was starting to slowly improve, and I hoped it would carry on that way

I walked back into the house and smiled at Letty, who was laying on the sofa, she smiled tiredly back.

"How's my favorite girl and child?" I asked, kissing her temple.

"Tired and little baby in there thinks its conga time." She replied, wincing at end from what I suppose was another kick.

I leant down to Letty's stomach "Hey, baby girl or boy. Just hang in there for another three weeks, huh?" I told them.

I saw Let roll her eyes "you're gonna be a great Dad, Dom." She murmured.

I smiled, that meant the world to me.

"You're going to be a amazing Mom." I replied, giving her a kiss "want anything while I'm out? I'm picking up Dimples and BBQ." I asked, snatching my keys from the table,

She nodded with a wide smile "pickled chillies?"

Strange cravings.

I jumped in the Charger and drove over town to pick up Sophia- who was waiting impatiently outside the door, tapping mindlessly on her phone, "Dimples." I called, she looked up and smiled and jumped in.

We stopped off at the store on the way home, Soph decided to stay in the car as I headed inside and grabbed some last minute items that Brian had forgot earlier that day.

Talia was leaning against the fence as I pulled up into the barn, "Hi Taliatela'i." I called as I walked to the smouldering fire pit. She shook her head with a smile, "hello Mr Toretto."

Talia was Sophia's best friend, she was always here between tours, and had experience with dealing with her PTSD. "Hey Dom, when's food up?" Rome asked, I raised a eyebrow and threw a roll at him, hitting his giant forehead, he looked surprised before reaching down and picking up the roll, dusting it off and shoving half of it in his mouth.

I scrunched my nose up. Gross.

"Rome that's just gross." Sophia laughed before turning back to her conversation with Talia. "Talia likes her." Letty whispered.