Chapter One: Second Chance

Author's Notes:
Hello! If you are here because of the first story in this series, I'm glad you're back for more! If you're a new reader, you may want to check out the first book, "Stained Lungs", otherwise you may not know what's going on during certain chapters. Either way, thanks for reading! This story may take a while longer to complete because I'm very busy with school, but I'll be working on it every chance I get! If you have any questions or comments let me know, and if you enjoy this chapter don't forget to vote! Thank you for all the positive feedback on the first story, I hope this one is adored as well. Enjoy the story!
___________________________
"Hey, this is Rouge! I'm sorry that I couldn't answer your call, leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can!"
Beep.
"Hey, Rouge, this is Shadow. Um, we haven't talked in awhile, so I just wanted to see how everything was going. Give me a call when you get the chance."
I hung up the phone and sighed. I didn't feel like myself without her.
"Hell, this is ridiculous," I muttered as I sat on the couch and turned on the TV.
"She's moved on, jackass."
Then, the phone rang.
I snatched up the phone as quick as I could and I answered, "Hello?"
"Shadow?" A familiar voice said as my heart began to race, "Hi! I'm so glad that you called me, you just made my day!"
I chuckled, "It's good to hear your voice again, pretty lady."
Rouge giggled, "And it's good to hear you too, Shad. How are you?"
"I'm fine," I replied, "But forget about me, I wanna know about you. How've you been?"
"How could I forget about you, I miss you! I've been alright though, college is a little hectic, but my classes are going well, and I've made some new friends! Tell me about you now!"
"Well, I have an internship at a car repair shop. It pays the bills, and I have enjoyed it for the most part," I said.
"Pay the bills? Since when do you pay the bills?"
"Since a while back, I have my own apartment."
"That's great!" She congratulated, "What about the cigarettes? Had any?"
"No, babe," I answered, "Not one, not a half, not any."
"I'm so proud of you, Shadow."
I smiled. "By any chance are you busy this weekend?"
"I'm actually free," Rouge said, "Why?"
"We should hang out, I'll drive up there to meet you, I don't mind."
"I'd love to hang out! But I don't mind driving there. I wanted to see how Amy was doing too, not until we catch up though, of course."
"Alright, sounds good, I'll text you directions to my place."
"Okay, I'll see you soon Shadow! It was great talking to you!"
"It was good talking to you too, babe. Bye, Rouge."
"Goodbye, Shad."
I hung up.
Here's your second chance,
don't fuck it up.