Chapter Fifteen: Dinner Plans

Shadow's POV
The next weekend Rouge and I met up near her campus to have lunch. She told me about the incident with Ryder, and I did my best to keep my mouth shut. (It didn't work.)
"I don't like him," I muttered as I took a drink of my water.
"Shadow, please don't blow this out of proportion."
"What? You're joking, right? He shouldn't be flirting with you when you have a boyfriend."
I didn't think of myself as the jealous type, but the more I thought of him the angrier I got.
"I don't like him, I like you," she said trying to reassure me."
"Rouge, there isn't a doubt in my mind that you don't like him," I replied, "I just hate not being able to be there to tell him off."
She sighed. I knew I was probably stressing her out so I dropped the subject.
"On another note," she began, "How's work going?"
Should I tell her?
She told you about Ryder.
"Your father paid me a visit a couple of days ago."
I told her the conversation that her father and I had, she looked furious.
"I can't believe him!" Rouge ranted, "I'm an adult, and you're so sweet! You're the perfect guy and he still isn't happy!"
Heh, I'm the perfect guy.
"I'm sorry, Rouge."
"Don't be, it's him that should be apologizing. He shouldn't have done that to you."
I shrugged. In reality, he really was just trying to protect his daughter. And I knew that I wasn't the best for her.
I could wish all I want, but I'd never be the best.
Not even close.
"If only you two could just sit down and have a conversation, then maybe-"
Her eyes lit up.
Shit.
"I'm not sure that's a good idea."
"I'd be there too," she insisted, "Come on, Shadow. Will you please go to dinner with me and my parents, for me?"
Of course.
I'll do anything for you.
And you know that.
"Okay, Rouge. I'll go."