Chapter Four: You And I

Shadow's POV-
Once dinner was over, we went back to my apartment.
"That was so nice, Shadow!" Rouge said as I shut the door behind us, "You know, ever since we went to that restaurant on our first date, I've wanted to go back."
The corners of my mouth curved into a smile, "So, it's a good thing we went then?"
"Absolutely!"
I looked at the time. "Damn, I didn't realize it was so late."
"I didn't realize it either. Do you want me to sleep on the couch tonight Shad?"
"Nope," I answered, "You can have my bed, I'll crash on the couch."
"No, I can't take your bed!"
"Then, why don't we just share the bed? I mean, it is big enough for two."
Rouge cut her aqua-colored eyes in my direction. "Don't think that I don't know what you're doing, because I do."
"What am I doing then, pretty lady?" I smirked as I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her into an embrace.
She blushed as she rested her hands on my chest. "You know exactly what you're doing," she whispered.
"Hmm," I whispered back as I began to lean towards her. She then placed her index finger on my lips. "Not so fast, Shad," she said as she began to smirk.
"What?" I asked sarcastically as I gave her finger a kiss.
"Shadow, I've missed you. And I don't want to make this harder on us."
I sighed, "I know... I just- I can't stand not being with you."
Great, jackass. Now you've made a fool out of yourself.
She removed her finger as she began to lean towards me. "Shadow, do you think one night is going to be a big deal?"
I pulled her closer. "If I'm telling the truth, yes. I think it'll be a very big deal."
"Then we probably shouldn't..."
"You're right, we shouldn't..."
Our lips met as she placed her hands on each side of my face.
I love you.
Once we finally separated, I looked into her eyes, "Let's go to the bedroom."
She ran her fingers through my quills and nodded.
I took her hand and led her to our destination.
"Shadow, I don't want to leave," Rouge said as she sat down.
"I don't want you to leave either."
"What are we going to do?" She asked.
I laid her down as I kissed her cheek. "We're not going to worry and dwell on tomorrow. Let's just focus on us; the only thing that matters tonight is you and I."
"Then let's get started on what matters," Rouge whispered in my ear.
I felt my face heat up as I began to kiss her neck.
I mean it.
I really do love you.