Chapter Five: Gone Again

Author's Notes:
I'm so sorry for not updating. I've been very busy, but I had a bit of time today to get a chapter published. It isn't a long one by any means, but it's definitely leading up to a turning point in our story. Thank you so much for voting and commenting, I really do appreciate it. Enjoy the story!
___________________________
Shadow's POV-
She decided not to visit Amy, she said that she would next time.
We spent the majority of her last day in in the park and at my place. I'd do anything she asked really.
I tried so hard to remember her laugh, the way that she'd bat her eyes if she saw something she wanted, the way her hands felt intertwined with my own. I didn't know when she was coming back, so I focused all of my attention on her.
Rouge eventually had to leave though. We shared one more kiss and she got into her car.
"Call me when you make it back," I said, trying to cover up the fact that I didn't want her to leave.
"I will, Shad," she replied, "Maybe I can come back soon."
"I hope so, babe."
She smiled, "Goodbye, Shadow."
"Goodbye, Rouge."
I could've sworn that I saw a tears in her eyes when she pulled out of my driveway.
What was I supposed to do? I couldn't beg and plead for her to stay, she was making a name for herself. I didn't want to keep her from doing everything that she strived so hard to achieve.
I miss you.
I kicked a pebble across the concrete as I walked back up to my apartment.
I sighed. I wanted to talk to someone, but I didn't know if anyone would care to listen.
I pulled out my phone and dialed a number.
"Hey, Vector. Do you have a minute to drop by?"