Chapter Eleven: Explanation

Author's Notes:
I know that updating this story takes awhile, and I do apologize. I'm writing for this story and another unpublished one every chance I get. But here it is! Another longer chapter will be published today. (Sorry that this one is so short!) I hope you'll find the next chapter more interesting! Thank you for all the votes and comments, enjoy the story!
___________________________
Shadow's POV
On Sunday, Rouge came over to visit.
"Oh, Shadow, it was awful!" Rouge sighed as we sat on the couch, "All they did was lecture me all day, it was absolutely ridiculous!"
"Can I ask you a question? What is their issue with me exactly?" I asked.
She sat there quietly, I guess trying to figure out what to say.
"Uh..."
I stared at her. "Rouge, come on, just spit it out."
She explained everything, all the way back to our first date. She told me about how she tried so hard to avoid the question because she was afraid I'd leave.
"I wouldn't have left. Your parents' opinions aren't yours."
"I'm sorry Shadow. Did you know something was up?"
"Well," I answered, "I had a feeling that I wasn't getting the whole story."
We spent the rest of day together, and when it started getting late, she left.
And there I was once again, alone.