Chapter 1

"We found a tumor" those 4 little words had my throat closing up and my world falling down. "What do you mean?" My sister Rena says, "we found a cancers tumor on Miss.Jacksons right leg" his words made Rena start to cry,in all my years of life ive never seen Rena cry so hard. I had to hold her up so her legs wouldn't go out,me on the other hand was completely numb in confusion of the situation

///

After leaving the hospital we came home I go into my room and seat on my bed.I just can't believe momma's dying and like this,she don't deserve this she's a good person.The doctors said that they could amputate her leg with the slim to none chance of the tumor coming back but,her Insurance wouldn't cover it all so we would have come out of pocket 80,000.00 .

Rena nearly passed out who has that type of money we live in the hood. the doctor knowing we most likely couldn't afford it,told us with out it Momma would only have a maximum of 6 months to live.We came home to tell everyone thinking they would at least attempt to pretend to help Momma out.

But the money hungry family she takes care of she'd give the clothes off her back to anyone of them and doesn't asks for anything back.but the moment you ask them for anything they can't do it!

they frustrate the hell out of me, me and Rena basically just begged them to help. all of them made up some bull shit excuse and acted like they are all dump shit broke.

when we all know there not I just came up stairs in my room before I said or did something that I know Momma wouldn't won't me to,but I just can't with them they all live here rent free momma buys them everything cooks and cleans after all of them

Rena comes in my room with our friend Tyler (as in girl not boy people get confused) she hugs me making me realize how much I needed one right now "I'm so sorry Jazz" I nod "thanks"

Rena started to pace around our room "I just can't believe Momma's dying" she says "I know she was just fine this morning when I saw her" Rena starts crying "I don't what her to die y'all" she says seating don't we hug her "they act like they can't just help her out" she sobs

"it's not like it's not for a good reason this is a life where talking about THAT FUCKEN FEEDS AND CLEANS AFTER ALL THOSE UNGRATEFUL MOTHER FUCKERS" she stands up of course getting herself worked up like always "Its Not Like they Don't have it we all now they get checks from the government each month"

it is common knowledge none of them actually has a real job they ether have disability or on welfare ether way they are all here the first of the mouth for that check and out the door the second they get it spending it on bull shit "even if they did help it still would be enough" Tyler says "but in 6 months it will close to it"

Rena says adding it up in her head Rena is really good in math gets A's in that class all of the time "if I cash in my scholarship it should be enough right" I say finally contributing to the solving of this issue "Jazz no that's not going to work or happen you know Momma was an still is very proud that you'll be the first person in the family to go to college she'd hate her self if you gave that all up for her there's got to be another way something not as drastic as that"

she says "will we have to find a way to get this money if not those bums down stairs something else we have to save her she's done so much for us we can't just let her die like this" Tyler says starting to cry i nod "but where are we going to get that kind of money in 6 months y'all that shot just don't grow on a tree"

I wished it did I say to myself then all our problems be solved "let's pray yall" Rena and Tyler says we all get down on there knees on the floor putting our hands together "come on Jazz just this once"

I shake my head going towards the window seal "y'all go on and pray without me" I say looking out the window to see a falling star I close my eyes and wish for a way for me to save Momma I'd do anything for her if me an 18 year old from the hood believed in Miracles cents she was little please just let this one wish on a star come true I say to myself hoping it'll grant me my wish so I could save her