•2•

Sakura hated school, she hated it with a passion. It wasn't because of the work, nor was it the rules and teachers. It was because of the bullying, it had never stopped. Hinata was finally left alone after befriending a boy named Kiba, the thought alone made the pinkette smile. At least someone she cared about was happy, that's all that mattered. Over the past three years, her parents got better jobs and they moved into a small house near a Highschool. They still had to work a lot though, which saddened the pinkette on some occasions. When she was seven, she had made an acquaintance. Her name was Ino Yamanaka, a pretty girl with short blonde hair that was always held back by a turquoise clip. Sakura wouldn't call them friends, but Ino was friendly with her. It was like her relationship with Hinata, although she was closer to the Hyuga girl. 

-

Naruto went to school in the orphanage, they were taught daily by a man named Iruka. He grew close to the blonde boy and always took him out to get Naruto's favourite food, ramen. In some ways, Naruto saw Iruka as a father figure, but no one could replace his real dad, no one. The old woman who ran the orphanage cared for all the children like they were her own grandchildren, she never felt any dislike towards any of them. She thought them manners and how to have a proper conversation with someone. She thought the girls how to sew and made Iruka teach the boys some sports. The girls would sometimes play the sports with the boys, and sometimes the boys attempted to sew as well, only to prick their fingers.... Repeatedly.

They were like a big family, Naruto even felt himself getting closer to the other kids. Sadly, all good things come to an end. The old woman passed away in her sleep, a warm smile lay still on her worn face. Iruka couldn't keep the orphanage running on his own, and had to do something that broke his heart. He made sure each and every child got adopted within a few months, the last ones left were Naruto and Sasuke. A man with spiky, white hair walked in, a woman with brown, shoulder length hair by his side. They adopted Sasuke and left, the woman turned before she left and gave Naruto a pat on his head, telling him that she would have taken him too if they had the money.

Naruto could only smile painfully as he sat alone, the only sound accompanying him was the sound of Iruka turning the pages of his paperwork. The sound of the bells on the door caught his attention as it opened, a couple walked in with a hopeful look on their faces. Naruto looked down in sadness, they would see that he was the only one left and leave. At least that's what he thought, but the woman walked over to him and smiled, putting a hand out for him. Her green eyes shone with happiness and hope and she looked over at her husband, who had just finished up the adoption papers.

"Alright Naruto, this is goodbye.." Iruka said, his eyes turning glassy. Naruto's own eyes glassed over as well, the blonde boy tackled his father figure in a hug, before stating his goodbyes and leaving with the couple.

He sat in the backseat as they introduced themselves as Mebuki and Kizashi Haruno, and that he was going to have a sister named Sakura.

"She's the same age as you, dear." Mebuki said, turning around in the passenger seat to look at him.

"I really hope you two get along." Kizashi grinned, looking at the boy in the rear view mirror. Naruto could only nod, this 'Sakura' would be just like the other kids.

-

Sakura sat on her chair in the dining room, her parents were later than usual today. She waited, one hour, two hours, her stomach growled with hunger when the clock struck 8:00 pm. Maybe they had to work late again, the pinkette sighed and hopped off of her chair to search the fridge for something to eat. Just as she reached for the fridge handle, the front door opened to reveal her parents, but they weren't alone. A blonde boy no older than her strolled in behind them, taking his shoes off and neatly placing them beside her own. He looked nervous, Sakura wondered who he was. Just as she was about to ask, her mother interrupted her.

"Sakura, meet Naruto. He's your brother, starting from today!" Mebuki said, grinning as she watched her daughter process what she had just said. Kizashi smiled at his daughter and new son as he walked into the kitchen, Someone had to cook dinner and Mebuki seemed a little preoccupied.

"A...brother?" Sakura mumbled, staring at the blonde boy. He was looking down at his feet, with the same look in his eyes as her, they were empty, and dull.

Sakura walked up to the boy and put out her hand, a hopeful smile on her face. "Hi! I'm Sakura, I guess I'm your sister now!"

Naruto looked up, she actually talked to him! "Hi... I'm Naruto.." He mumbled his reply, shaking her hand. She smiled and pulled him over to the dinner table, seating him next to her.

The family ate together, making small talk to help the boy feel welcomed. Naruto was still uncomfortable, this all reminded him too much of his parents. The car ride didn't help either, since the blonde was expecting the windshield to shatter again every time they made a turn. He peeked over at the pink haired girl munching away, a far away look in her eyes. She hadn't rejected him being her brother, so that was a good sign.. right? Perhaps he could learn to like it here, after all, he had no where else to go.

After dinner, Sakura escorted Naruto to their guest room, which she assumed would be turned into his room now. Both of the nine year olds were still weary of one another, expecting the other to jump out at them with a hurtful remark or a glare. Yet at the same time, they both really wanted to get along with each other, they wanted to stop feeling so lonely.
----------------------------------------
I'm really liking how this book is turning out :) I hope you all are enjoying it! Any ideas on what might happen next?