•14•

Senior year had taken an odd turn, that's for sure. Sakura definitely had a lot of firsts, her first fight with Naruto, her first fake boyfriend, and now her first overnight field trip. The seniors were going on a ski trip, one of the many luxuries they were offered as some kind of early graduation gift. Freshman Sakura dreamed of going on this trip, spending a whole weekend with her best friends and maybe a love interest. Of course, her childish fantasies flew out the window when she had walked away from her friend group. Now she could only worry about who she'd spend the weekend with.

She had Sasuke, whom she had developed an odd friendship with. Their fake relationship was the talk of the school, and everyday Sasuke's worshippers, as she called them, looked as if they wanted to kill her more and more. Still, she was grateful for him. They were close, not as close as he and Naruto were, but they were almost there. He ate lunch with her three out of the five days of the week, and had managed to make her come down from her rooftop once or twice to eat lunch with the rest of society. He was, dare she say, kind of sweet.

Naruto on the other hand.. oh boy. That one fight set off a ripple effect that seemed like it'd never end. All those years of trying not to hurt one another, holding back from yelling and name calling, seemed to be catching up to them. It made sense, they couldn't keep up with this perfect sibling thing forever. Now that they were way more comfortable with each other, they didn't have to worry about making bad impressions. Today they had a fight over a breadstick, believe it or not. She wasn't used to not receiving a smile and a wave from Naruto in the halls, she also wasn't used to being so annoyed that she didn't care. In her defence, Naruto had eaten three and she had only eaten two. That last breadstick was hers and he ate it.

She sighed, if she was being honest they'd probably end up going back to normal by the end of the day.

The bell rang, lunch was over.

She put her leftovers in her bag and walked to the staircase, still thinking of the upcoming weekend. Sasuke and Naruto would most likely spend the weekend with their friends. Temari would most likely stick around her newest fling and Gaara... well knowing him he'd probably rather stay home.

She would stay home as well but, well she didn't want to. Sitting in her quiet house all weekend, falling asleep before her parents came home and waking up after they've already left. It sounded lonely. She hated feeling lonely. She'd rather go on the trip and be surrounded by her loud peers who never talk to her instead of sitting at home alone. As weird as that sounds. She sighed, why must she be so complicated?

_______________________

[unedited]

Listen guys... if any of you are still here. IM SORRY BUT IM A SENIOR AND EVERYTHING IS SUPER STRESSFUL AND I DIDNT EXPECT THIS WORKLOAD NOR THESE NEW RESPONSIBILITIES SO I CANT REALLY KEEP UP WITH WATTPAD IM SO SORRY. It's been like 10 months oh no T_T I'm stressing about university and work and school, and then I'm stressing about editing and writing and not getting kicked out of the comms I'm in :,) pls be patient I know it sucks waiting for a book to update especially with an author who's as slow as me, but I am genuinely trying my best.