•12•

Sakura sat on the rooftop once again, basically stabbing her food with a fork.

To say she was annoyed would be an understatement. All day, she'd been hounded with questions about her and Sasuke.

'When did you two meet?'

'Have you kissed yet?'

To make matters worse, today was a Tuesday, which meant he'd be eating with his friends today, not on the rooftop. She could always get his number from Naruto and call him, but she didn't want to be weird. Not to mention, she'd long Since figured out that her dear brother was the cause of this mess.

She'd have to teach him a lesson when they got home.

The dirty looks she received from girls who so obviously had a big crush on the Uchiha were beginning to bother her too. They were scary, and quite possibly out for her blood.

She jumped a bit when she heard the door open, before turning to see who dared interrupt her thoughts.

Sasuke stared back at her, blank faced with his his lunch in his hands.

"My friends said I should eat lunch with my girlfriend." Was all he said before sitting down right next to her, unlike before.

"Excuse me, what?" Sakura asked, scooting away from him a bit. Why wasn't he sitting on his bench, like he always does?

"Naruto has completely convinced everyone that we're dating, they won't stop annoying me." He mumbled.

"If it makes you feel better, I think I'm gonna start receiving death threats soon." Sakura replied, trying to lighten the dreary mood Sasuke brought along with his fantastic presence.

"That sounds fun." Was his dull reply.

Ok then.

"How are we gonna fix this?" Sakura sighed.

"We won't."

"If you don't, I will."

"You'll make Naruto look like an idiot."

"Everyone knows him as an idiot."

"Yes, but it'll embarrass him."

"No it won't."

Sasuke turned to Sakura. "Okay, but he looks really happy about it though. I don't think I've ever seen him this happy."

Sakura raised an eyebrow. "Whatever, I'll ask him about it at home. Then we'll tell everyone that we're not dating."

Sasuke sighed but nodded nonetheless, allowing the silence to return as they ate their food.

____

After about two more dreadful hours, Sakura met up with Naruto and immediately began questioning him.

"Why'd you tell everyone that me and Sasuke are dating?" She asked.

"Was I not supposed to? Oh no, was it a secret?! Gah! I'm so stupid! I'm sorry Sak-" Naruto began to panic.

"No, no! It's alright! It's just that-" Sakura started, but her brother cut her off.

"Okay, sorry again though. I just got so happy. You always sit alone, and when I go out with my friends you always look so sad... I'm glad you finally have someone." He smiled softly, patting her head.

Sakura was unaware that Naruto knew she sat alone, she never wanted to worry him like that. "Don't worry about me, Naruto. I like being alone! And I probably look sad because you're growing up so fast!" She laughed a bit.

Naruto laughed too. "Still, I don't want you to be alone, Sak. I'm glad you have Sasuke now, I'm always worried about where he goes off to at lunch and what you're doing all by yourself. I guess I have two less things to worry about now." He grinned.

Sakura didn't know what to say, Naruto really was the best brother she could ask for. She looked at him for a moment and realized Sasuke was right, she'd never seen her brother so happy before.

Sure he was always smiling, but it never really reached his eyes. The smile he was showing her right now was pure and genuine, and she didn't want it to go away.

"You know, Sasuke's really sweet once you get to know him." She said.

She'd have a lot of explaining to do to her 'boyfriend' tomorrow, but she decided it was worth it.

______
[Unedited]

I was supposed to post this after Christmas break, but here we are almost a month later 💀