•16•

"Hey Sakura?"

"Yes Naruto?"

"You and Sasuke aren't actually dating, are you?"

Sakura froze, before slowly turning around to face her brother. They were currently finishing up their packing for the trip.

"What makes you think that?" She asked hesitantly.

"Brother's intuition, I guess." He shrugged. "You could've just told me the truth, but now you have to endure his fan club."

Sakura rolled her eyes. "You looked happy, I didn't wanna ruin it." She explained.

Her brother chuckled. "Hey, at least you can end it now! You won't have to keep being known as 'that girl who's dating Sasuke Uchiha'!"

Sakura paused for a second, he was right. They really were only in this fake relationship for Naruto's sake. Sure, the rest of Naruto's friends were pretty happy, but she didn't really care about how they felt. Yet for some reason, the thought of no longer having Sasuke by her side made her stomach churn.

"Sak? You okay?" Naruto looked at her.

"Naruto, pinky promise that what I'm about to tell you stays between us." She said, fully turning towards him now.

Naruto raised his eyebrows, turning to face her as well. "Okay, I pinky promise." He said, raising his pinky finger and interlocking it with hers.

Sakura took a deep breath. "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I don't think I want to end this fake relationship with Sasuke..." she said quietly, avoiding eye contact. "So for my sake, can you pretend that you still believe we're actually dating?"

Naruto stared at her in shock, before a wicked grin spread across his face. "Saku has a crush!" He shouted, falling over in a fit of laughter.

"What the heck, Naruto! I never said that!" Sakura yelled, as her face began to turn pink. "And stop laughing!"

"You should tell him! I bet if you did he'd turn into a tomato!" Naruto said, laughing even more as he imagine his friend turning bright red.

Sakura was... appalled at the suggestion, to say the least. "Are you insane? Sasuke is all strung out over Ino!"

"Ok? Who cares. When you like someone, you should tell them before you run out of chances y'know." Her brother said, he definitely didn't come up with that himself.

"Again, I never said I liked him. Plus, I don't even want to like him! That would be a total disaster." Sakura explained.

"Disaster? Why?"

"Because.. uh.." she paused for a second. "I don't know it's like... if I fall for him, he probably wouldn't catch me?" She said, not sure if she was making any sense. "And if I fall and he doesn't catch me, then I'll hit the ground and break! Like crash boom bleh!"

"....crash boom bleh?" Her brother raised an eyebrow.

"Ugh, I just don't wanna end up going into something just to get hurt! What we have right now is fine, no romantic feelings involved."

Naruto sighed. Well, he was right about coming somewhat clean now about knowing their relationship was fake, his sister's definitely falling for the Uchiha. He just has to get her to accept it, then she can really start fighting for him.

"Listen, I know you said you don't like him and all.." he started. "But I promise that no matter how many times you hit the ground and go crash boom bleh, I'll always be there to put the pieces back together!" He grinned.

Sakura smiled fondly at her brother, what would she do without him?

_____________________

[unedited]

User KonohaGuild forgot what was supposed to happen in this story, so she's making up a new story line 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣