•10•

Sakura was that friend, the friend that was always shoved aside for someone else.

The friend who was never invited out with the rest of the group, unless she found out some how.

The friend no one appreciated until they were gone.

That's probably why she left.

This is what was running through Hinata's mind, as she listened to her boyfriend ramble on about Sasuke and Sakura dating.

She was extremely happy for the pink haired girl, who she barely even saw now.

After all, she was closest to Sakura when she was still in the group. Now, Hinata felt like she was that friend. As if the group decided they needed a new person to forget.

Naruto never forgot, though.

That made her love him more.

Sakura was always the nicest to Hinata, especially when the pale eyed girl had first joined the group. They obviously had history together, running from bullies. Hinata knew that wasn't what brought them together, though.

Hinata and Sakura were used to being left behind, Hinata by her relatives when they excelled in things she couldn't and Sakura by her parents when they left for work.

Hinata was supposed to leave the group with Sakura, but then she got together with Naruto and everything changed.

Sakura slowly stopped talking to her, distancing herself. As if it would lessen the blow when she finally left for good.

Hinata still cried when Sakura stopped showing up at lunch, when she stopped waving at her in the halls and calling her to rant late into the night.

She tried to talk to Kiba about it, he just brushed it off, said it didn't matter since she's already gone.

Naruto had assumed she found new friends.

There was no one else Hinata could talk to, so she bottled everything up and buried it deep within her mind.

There were multiple times where Hinata had the chance to speak with her, of course. She just didn't know what to say, too much time had passed and simply saying 'hi' to Sakura was deemed to be too difficult.

Hinata missed her though, a lot.