•5•

Today was the anniversary of Naruto's parents' death, and the poor boy couldn't even bring himself to get up and go to school. Sakura stayed home with him as well, waiting for when he decided he was ready to visit their grave. At around 12, Naruto finally forced himself out of bed and got dressed, before slowly descending the stairs. Sakura had made him some eggs and toast before getting dressed herself and heading out with the dreary blonde in tow, heading towards the cemetery.

Upon arriving to the two tombstones, Naruto fell to his knees and immediately broke into a sob. He did it every year, even though he promised himself he wouldn't. Naruto always said how his parents would want him to be happy, they hated to see him cry. All Sakura could do was kneel down next to him and rub his back, attempting to give him some sort of comfort.

Everything was quiet except for the echoes of Naruto's sobs, that is, before he began to talk.

"Hey mom, hey dad." He spoke, sniffing a bit. "I brought Sakura again, I bet you're glad to see her." He gave a small smile, tears still running down his face.

"I have a girlfriend, her name is Hinata. She's really sweet and makes really good ramen!" He continued.

"I have a whole group of friends actually, which is a lot different from when I was younger right? I've already told you about them so I won't go into too much detail about who they are. Sasuke, the bastard who needs a dictionary, is still a bastard. Im trying to get him together with someone," he glanced at his sister. "So that maybe he'll show a bit more emotion y'know?" He let out a watery laugh.

"There's not much else to say.. but if I stop talking then I'll have to leave, and I don't want to leave." Naruto spoke, choking on a sob.

Sakura looked at her brother with sad eyes, she couldn't bare to see him like this. She moved closer to him and hugged him tightly, allowing him to let out all of his tears. Today was the only day you'd ever see Naruto cry like this, since he's always a big ball of sunshine.

Sakura didn't know how long she held her brother in her arms, but she did know that by the time they left the sky was beginning to change from a bright blue to a light pink. When they got home, they were met with an empty house as usual. Sakura went to the kitchen to prepare their dinner while Naruto went upstairs, most likely to take a shower.

They ate in silence, there really wasn't much to talk about. However, Sakura knew that Naruto's friends would come over to comfort him after they were done with work or whatever homework they had, they did it every year. Right on cue, the doorbell rang. Sakura got up, telling Naruto to stay seated and wait for his friends.

She walked over to the door and opened it the reveal a large group of teenagers. She nodded to them in greeting and stepped aside to let them in, not one of them even bothered to say hello to their old friend, all except Hinata who whispered "Hey, Sakura." as if she was scared to break the silent atmosphere.

The silence quickly vanished once the group saw Naruto, all of them immediately began bombarding him with questions. Sakura was worried that he'd be overwhelmed, but to her surprise he began to smile. A warm smile made it's way to her face as well as she headed towards the stairs, she decided that she'd leave Naruto alone with his friends so that they'd feel a bit more comfortable without the obvious awkwardness hanging over their heads.

It was moments like these when Sakura actually missed being friends with the group, when she missed being able to talk to someone.

________________

IM ALIVE AND IVE GIVEN YOU ALL AN EXTREMELY SHORT CHAPTER IM SORRY! THE NEXT ONE WILL DEFINITELY BE LONGER AND WILL PROBABLY BE OUT SHORTLY AFTER I UPDATE LOVE IS FRIENDSHIP!