Chapter 2

I don't remember much. I remember saying bye to Taylor and climbing a tower. I don't remember anything after that. So, I  have no idea how I ended up in a fishing boat from Australia. The man fished me out of the ocean while hoping to catch a sea bass. I was barely alive and unconscious. When I came around I was on a couch with bandages covering me and every single muscle is super sore. I tried to get up but my legs gave way as soon as I stood up. I let out a cry of pain. "What are you doing? You need to stay on the couch! Your bones and wounds need to heal. You are lucky to be alive." I looked up and saw a man, 30 or 35 years old, looking down on me. I tried to stand up again but failed. "Ay carambé!" The man lifted me as gently as he could and placed me on the couch. The man got a stool and sat next to me. "I got you out of the waters of Fiji when I was trading over there." Your clothes we're burnt off and your limbs were bent at odd angles. I think you came from Tuvalu because we saw a major explosion their the other day." Suddenly, it all came back to me. Quentin, Hades' Island. Cassy, Tanners death, Jack leading everyone underground. Lightning striking me. And the explosion equal to a Nuclear bomb. I tried to ask where my friends were. Key word. Tried. My throat was raw and I knew I wouldn't be able to talk... for a few days. I thought about Gervasos' and Tanners death. Both of them gone. Tears came to my eyes and I cried. But, no sounds  came out. I couldn't make a sound. "Tranquila pequeña." The man said. "Get some rest. You are not like normal people. I will send you to my daughter in Long Island after we get back to Australia. Then we will see what they do with you. Duerma poco. We have a long trip ahead." The man got up and left. I could feel exhaustion pulling me into sleep. I slowly closed my eyes. The world tuned out.

"Mìjo. We arrived at Australia. You need to get up now. You healed fast. You need to head over to Gate D. You got it? Gate D. Your flight leaves in 20 minutes. Go. Correr!" I got out of the cab that I went in after the boat. I slept the whole way. I started to walk fast. Right then, I realized I had no luggage. I walked fast to the Gate. I had nothing on me except a plane ticket in my back pocket. The man bought for me. Hey, a free ride to the states? I'll take it. "All planes leaving to New York City, preparing for takeoff." I hurried over to Gate D. I gave the lady my ticket and she gave me a suspicious look since I didn't have any belongings. I boarded the plane and looked around the cabin. I went to my seat, 37D. It was a window seat. I sat next to a tall blond dude and a girl with a Native American look. They were looking at each other seriously and talking in a language I don't understand. It sounded like Latin or Ancient Greek. I arrived at the seat and squished my way to my seat. The blond looked over at me. "Hey little man. I'm Jason." He stuck out his hand. "Michael Vey." I say cautiously and a shake his hand. His hand is rough and scarred. I notice he also has Lichentburg figures as well. "Where'd you get the lightning marks?" I blurt out. Jason looks at the girl. Then back at me. "I notice you have them too. And too answer your question, I got them at a summer camp in Long Island." I looked at him curiously. "Wow. I'm going to Long Island too. A man gave me this address. Jason took it and examined it. His face turned hard. "Who gave you this address?" I thought about the man. I think he gave me his name but I was half asleep. "I think his name was Mr. Gardener." I said. Jason face turned relaxed again. "Oh. Okay. That's one of my good friends father." I nod. "Cool." I turn away from them, indicating I don't want to talk anymore. Before I dose off, Jason says, "I'll take you there Michael." I mumble a thanks a fall asleep during the long 23 hour flight to New York.