Chapter 7

They walked me to cell. They put me in the basement. It had padding in the inside and just a toilet. Cozy. Zeus, as I learned is his name, said, "Have fun in Cell 25." I was bored as Tartarus and being ADHD didn't help. There was blood on the floor. Maybe it was fake and supposed to scare me, but it didn't because I've seen enough blood and bodies form a hundred life's. I looked around the room again and sighed. This is mortals torture chamber. I can tell. The atmosphere is ominous. There has been bad things that happened in here. Maybe not in this exact cell but in similar ones. I paced around the cell for about a an hour when there was this beeping noise. It happened about every 10 seconds. About two hours later the beeping sound was starting to get annoying, and I've had to spend a day with Leo! It kept on going and going. Then, the hallucinations came. They seemed to induce my worst nightmares. Most of them from Tartarus. Some of Annabeth dying. It wasn't physical torture but I would take it over this torture anyday. I had no idea what day it was. It seemed that 10 years passed but it was probably only 10 days. One day, when I was curled in a fetal position in the corner, the prettier brunette came into the room. She was flanked at either side with Zeus and Quentin. The tall blond was in back. She stopped by me and put her hand on me. She looked as if it pained her to see me like this.
"You know you can stop this, right? All we need to know is who sent you. If it's not who we think it is, then you can go free. After you agree not to talk about us of course." I looked at her. I untangled myself and stood. I was at least a full foot taller than her and taller then all of them. Zeus looked unsteady and kept on make electricity arc between his hands.
"How do you do that?" It came out more as a demand than a question.
"I'm not at liberty to share that with you." Zeus replied.
"Then neither am I." The pretty brunette looked at me sadly.
"My name's Taylor. Call me if you need anything." She started to walk out. I saw this as my opportunity. I willed the water from the toilet to put both Taylor and the blond in headlocks. The kind of headlock where you can snap someone's neck. Zeus whirled around at me and was about to fire when I stopped him. I was not going to spend another second in Cell 25.
"Thanks Taylor. I need your help getting out of here. And Zeus, if I so much as see electricity flicker at all, I will snap their necks. If I die, the water snaps their necks. If anything happens to me that I don't like, their necks are snapped. I willed the blood in their bodies to move at my command. Taylor and the blonde walked out. I left Quentin and Zeus in there and closed the door.
"Taylor, be a dear and tell me how to get out of here." Taylor turned and spat in my face. That's when I realized something. Blackjack! "Taylor, where did you put my horse?" I asked/growled. Her face looked relieved.
"I knew it was a horse with wings! I just thought I was going crazy after...after." She looked about ready to break down into tears.
"After what?"
"That's none of your information."
"Just tell me where to find my horse."
"Down to the left." I thought about this. She was probabley setting me up. I shoved her down and released her from my pressure. Annabeth would be frightened. She didn't want me to control anything that's not meant to be controlled.
"Go." Taylor looked at me. She sprinted down the hall. I went the opposite way and went into another room. Blackjack was in there. Boss! Whew, I thought you were dead.
"Nice to know you were worrying about me. Tell me, can you fly me outta here?"
Sure thing Boss. The people here fixed me up real good. Especially that brunette. I think she has a thing for me. I thought about Blackjack and Taylor. Ick.
"Just get me out of here." I hoisted myself on Blackjack and he burst into the hall. I looked both ways and saw an EXIT sign to my left. To my right I heard Quentin shout, "Ian! Where are they?" A dude, I guess is Ian, replied, "Down this hall and to the right!"
"Now would be a great time, Blackjack." I forced water vapor out of the air to harden and it turned into ice. Hard, 6-inch ice. I put it in back of Blackjack and I and said horse sprinted down the hallway. We burst into the open air, with the sky ablaze. It looked about sunrise. Just then, I heard bullets. The people behind us opened fire. I turned around and started firing ice spikes at their limbs. I think I got a few guards. I started getting really tired. I guess I was so tired I blunted an ice spike and shot it at Taylor's arm. I heard a sickening crack, and Taylor collapsed, unconscious.
"Taylor!" The twin of Taylor dropped to her side as did Ian and Quentin. Zeus started firing. The lightining was melting the ice. Blackjack was already at least 200 feet up so how he was able to reach that high up, amazed me. But, one thing I saw was too late. The redhead grabbed a guards pistol and aimed straight at my head. I barely had enough time to raise my arm, much less form ice around it. The pain was so much. I had no idea mortals were capable of making something that hurt that much. I looked at my arm and my shirt was getting stained red. I had a hole in my arm that had red liquid coming out. Blood. I grabbed the hem of my shirt and pulled, almost screaming from the pain of moving my left arm. My dominant arm. I guess there will be no sword fighting for a while. I tied it around the wound. I slumped against Blackjack, in pain, and fell asleep.