Chapter 13

Percy's POV
I woke up and realized I was sitting in the deli truck. I immediately sat up but calmed down once I felt and knew and Annabeth's hand was running through my head. (Seriously girls I'm a guy and I can tell you that it feels so good when girls do that) I was just about to fall asleep when Apollo abruptly braked. I sat up again and looked at Annabeth asleep. I took in every little fact about her. The way her hair is curled to perfection yet is natural. Her button nose and light freckles sprinkled across. Her slightly heart shaped face and her full pink lips. Her long dark eyelashes that she now slightly lined with mascara once Piper told her do it so that it'll make her grey eyes really pop. I sat up and looked out the front window. It seemed we arrived at Camp Half-Blood. I got out and stretched before walking back to the back of the deli truck and opening it. Chiron was gonna flip when he saw them. The Electroclan was bound to chairs with bonds but all of them were still knocked out from some pills Annabeth gave them from the Morpheus cabin. We moved them into the big house and assigned two guards to watch them regularly. Frank and Jason were first. We then put Michael in a different room, as though he seemed like their leader. I was in his room me being the only guard. Why I questioned why wasn't there more, Jason looked at me and said, "Dude your Percy Jackson." So that settled that. I was inside his room sitting on a chair, while he was bound to a chair, with a metal cage around him that Leo said is heatproof. The ground was also in about 3 inch deep water, just in case. I was just sitting in a chair, extremely bored, waiting for Michael to come to. I was about to go leave and do something else, when he finally woke up. This kid takes longer to wake up than Jason after he gets hit with a brick.
"What are you doing?!" He yelled at me. I found it slightly amusing that he actually thought he was in power here.
"Well after you and your group attacked us...again... we decided that we have to bring you back to Camp-Half Blood to keep yourself full detained."
"I've broken out of worst prisons than one run by Katara, Aang, Toff, and Zuko." He said. I was slightly flattered that he considered me a pretty person with some pretty sweet waterbending skills.
"Well, I'll take that as a compliment. Those are like the elite four." He just responded by glaring at me. I looked at my watch and discovered it was time for a guard change.
"Now, I'm gonna go get Katie, you don't move." I left and went to the strawberry fields where I suspected she would be. I looked around a little before I saw a bunch of Demeter kids and Katie was in the midst. I walked up to her and tapped her on her shoulder.
"Uh, Katie, its your turn to watch Michael." I said. Her face dropped a little, like she has been dreading this moment.
"Ok." She said, sounding exasperated. She walked off to the big house while I walked off to find Annabeth. I looked nearly everywhere but the amphitheater. I went to the open theater and once I neared the seats I could clearly see Annabeth, Piper and Leo. I went up to them and snaked my arms around Annabeths waist. I could feel a smile spread across her face as she listened to Piper talking about Drew who almost put love potions in mine and Jason's goblets.
"Percy, if you're not gonna be an asset to the conversation, leave." Annabeth said even though she was desperately trying to cover up a smile." I pouted and said, "Please, I doubt Leo has said one thing in this conversation." I gave him a pointed look while he was staring at a little beetle crawling towards Piper. He finally looked up.
"Yeah right Percy, everyone knows that I'm much more talkative than you." He said. Annabeth nodded her head in agreement while Piper said, "You bet Aphrodite's hat you are." Huh. Haven't heard that one before. I rolled my eyes.
"Maybe but the reason for that is I'm to busy hearing everything I can't get a word out!" I countered. Annabeth laughed.
"Aww poor Percy. Too many things going on for your whittle brain?" Annabeth said. Normally I would be pissed if somebody called me stupid or something like that, but with Annabeth I simply smiled at nuzzled my head into the crook of her neck. She sighed, as if regretting being my girlfriend then continued talked to Piper about a way to sneak maggots into Drews bed.

When I went to sleep that night, I wasn't expecting prophetic dreams, more of the usual nightmares about Tartarus or something like that. But, when does my luck ever hold. I was greeted with Tartarus himself, so I didn't know it was gonna be prophetic.
"Percy Jackson. You look just like the pathetic excuse of a hero I saw before. I was your trip in me? A shame Gaia wasn't able to pull through. I told my wife that I should've woken. Then she pulled out the whole 'Your pit is in me! You'll do what I say' excuse. But if I'm the one who would've come out. There would've been no stopping me." I rolled my eyes.
"Tartarus, I've heard that phrase so many times before. What makes you think that time it would've been true?" He scowled at me, and an intense wave of fear washed over me, wanting me to back into a corner.
"Perseus, who would've guessed that you downfall wouldn't of come by a monster. I guess though, in the mortal world he may be considered one. But, as long as your dead. Then perhaps I could awaken, with you gone nothing would be able to stop me, not even Leo Valdez or Jason Grace."
"Yeah okay. So if your not gonna tell me what your gonna tell me than I'll just..." I was never able to finish because Tartarus was rude and interrupted.
"Do what? Come back down in the pit and slay me? Not even Damasen and, what did you call him? Bob? Not even the combined power of both of them could destroy me. What chance does a small son of Poseidon have?"
"Well I don't know. I did beat your wife and step-son." As soon as the words left me, another intense wave of fear passed over.
"Careful Perseus. Even in a dream I can affect you. But very well. The man the Electroclan are after. He may be one of your strongest foes. Obviously beneath Kronos and Gaia but possibly above any monster you've faced."
"Well unless this dude is Captain America, I doubt he's stronger than most the monsters." Tartarus laughed, each laugh was like the combination of forks on a plate knifes on metal and nails one a chalkboard.
"Mortal ignorance is amusing. Perhaps I'll keep a few when I come to power, for humor. But no, not physically strong but every other way. Good luck defeating him Perseus. This isn't swords and arrows anymore." With that his horrific laugh started up again and the dream dissolved. Once I woke up, I shot straight up. I could feel drops of sweat on the side of my face. I felt extremely cold, yet unbearably hot. I leaned over the bed and threw up. I groaned, but unfortunately, Travis Stoll burst in. He looked at the vomit, and chuckled before his serious face came back on, which isn't like him.
"Percy! Michael and the rest of them are running!"