Chapter 5

Different POV- Percy

A song was going through my head. It was called Pumped up Kicks by Foster the People.
All the other kids better run, better run, faster than my bullet. This is legit what is happening right now. I'm on a quest right now. I have been on it for about a month when it should've only taken a week. I went to Utah. Poseidons trident was stolen and I decided to get it back alone. Now, there is a school near Zion National Park that is currently on lockdown. A kid who got bullied so bad brought a gun. I was just passing through school grounds when it went on lockdown. Now, I've caused enough of those lockdowns as to where all teachers lock all the doors. So, I sprinted into a classroom just as it was closing. The whole class looked at me fearfully and the teacher was just about to whack me upside the head when I said, "I'm not him." The teacher stepped back and made all the 6th graders go to the back of the room. This school is High School/Middle School. I positioned myself near the front door and prepared to rush him if he entered. 5 minutes passed. Then 10. At 15 footsteps were heard outside. The handle jiggled. It jiggles some more until eventually the person walked away. I slowly unlocked the door and motioned the teacher over.
"Lock the door behind me." I said. The teacher nodded and got ready to lock it. I stepped out and quietly tip-toed out. I looked down a corridor and found him. He was dressed as your typical nerd and had bruises on his face from the bullying. You would've thought he was harmless if he didn't have .44 Magnum with him and bullets. I looked around and noticed a kid who was peeking out from the boys bathroom. He had long, oily blond hair and was pretty ripped. He was probabley a couple inches shorter. He met my eyes and quickly looked back at the intruder. The nerd walked over to another door. This one was open. You could hear the kids scream and I was just about to rush him when suddenly, yellow lighting met his body and he dropped to the ground in a heap. He was unconscious and his magnum was a few feet away. I looked back at the kid and he had a smug look until he realized I witnessed it. His mouth dropped open. He quickly started to run away. I sprinted over to the nerd and took his gun and put between myself and the waistband of my pants. Hey, I live in a world full of monsters. I should see if Leo could make some Celestial Bronze bullets. I ran after the teenager when I saw some teachers coming. One of them looked at me and must've saw the gun with me. His eyes widened and he quickly ducked into the classroom pulling the other teacher with them. Great. Now I'm going to be wanted for attempting to shoot up a school. Yippee. I sprinted after the kid and found him a few yards off trying to climb a fence. He got over and jumped down. I caught up to the fence and in to climbs, made it over. The school was right next to a neighborhood and he started run to the forest a few hundred yards away. I used the last of my energy and sprinted with everything I had. The teen, not expecting my burst of speed, was quite surprised when I caught up to him.
"Get away from me!" He yelled. He stuck his hand to me and lightning shot off from his fingertips. Man. I hate electricity. Too me, it's almost as bad as drowning. I collapsed to the ground and let out a groan. He ran to the corner of the fence. Their was some other kids on the other side. A pretty brunette, a tall blond, a hot Chinese girl, an overweight boy with glass, an African American kid only an inch or too shorter, a redhead, a blond who reminded me of Jason, a girl who was identical to the pretty brunette, a brutish looking boy, and a boy who was ripped and was as tall as me. The all climbed over while I was trying to get my leg awake again so I could run after them. They ran to the forest and I finally started running after them. I called on some water and splashed it on me. I had renewed energy and ran faster.

A few hundred yards into the forest I came across a property line. The footsteps indicated the jumped over it. It was a little electric fence with barbed wire. I called on more water and hopped on the water. I floated over and then let the water soak into me getting even more energy. The footsteps let to further and further. Right when I was about to give up, I came across a clearing in the woods. My mouth dropped open. I came across a site to see. Their was 3 giant buildings and huge orchards and fields. There was beehives and a lake with a conoe. The kids I was chasing were at the front of the bunker talking to a man who I think was the leader. I crept further down and hid behind some hay by the stables. I watched the man and group of kids.
"...eone saw Zeus use his powers!" Zeus looked frustrated.
"If a dude was about to shoot up a class of 7th graders, wouldn't you save them?" The dude who reminded me of Jason spoke up. "They were actually 6th graders." Zeus turned to the Jason lookalike. "Shut up, Quentin!" He turned back to the adult. "Sir, I saved a classroom of 6th graders. Just send me to another school." The adult looked in thought.
"No. You guys will not be going to here anymore. With the Elgens money gone, they can't afford to send any guards anywhere anymore. You guys will all be going back to Idaho. Going back to Meridian High School." I branded that in my mind. Meridian, Idaho. With a bit of help from the mist,(Chiron taught me) I can get close to them. Screw Poseidons trident. He's a god. He can just teleport the trident to him. Now, how am I going to get to Meridian when I'm in Utah? Just then I heard a growl behind me.

I'll be alternating between Michaels POV and Percy's POV every 4 chapters or so. Also, every once in a while, I'll be doing a narrators POV.
Word Count: 1124