Chapter 8

We all were heading to the Big House to discuss how I pulsed. I was ticking like crazy, and sparking. Annabeth kept on talking to Chiron. I was walking/jogging along with them. Chiron's a horse and Annabeth grew used to his pace. We arrived at the Big House and went down to the basement, where I found a ping pong table in the middle of the room. Chiron turned and looked at me.
"We don't normally do this but your different. How do you shock people? I smelled you as human when you entered but brushed it off thinking your were with the mortals to long and were able to pass the border. How do you shock?" Chiron looked at me, his thousand year eyes knit with confusion. I sensed no reason to hide anything from him and just said, "When I was born, a company called Elgin Inc. imputed a machine, call an MEI, into my hospital. It's waves travelled through the walls and killed a lot of babies. 17 survived and I was one of them. I'm part of an electric race called Glows. There are others, their names are Taylor, Tara, Zeus, Ian, McKenna, Abigail, Cassy, Tessa, Quentin, Torstyn, Bryan, Kylee, Grace, and Nichelle. We had Tanner, but he died. Then, we have nonels, who are non-electics. They are Jack, Ostin, and Wade. Wade died in Peru though." I looked up and saw Annabeth having sympathy. That made me angry. I didn't want her sympathy; I didn't want anyone's sympathy.
"Quite looking at me like that." I growled.
"Like what?" Annabeth asked
"Like I'm a kicked puppy. I don't want your sympathy. Sympathy isn't going to change their deaths." Annabeth looked at me, stunned.
"Sorry." Chiron looked at me.
"Marvelous. Abilities like Zeus' children. What can they do?" I looked at him. This was going to take a long time.
"Taylor can make you forget what you were doing or permanently scramble you brain by messing with the electricity in your brain. She can also read minds. Tara can do everything that Taylor can, except read minds. Although, she can create emotions and make you see something that isn't what it is. Zeus can shoot lightning from his body which is why he's named after the god. Tessa, she can amplify all our abilities. Nichelle is the opposite, she drains our powers but can also give power on a lesser level. Ian sees through electrolocation. McKenna can create light and heat. Abigail can take away pain by electrically stimulating nerve endings. Quentin is an EMP. Bryan can create highly focused electricity and cut almost anything. Grace is a human flash drive. Torstyn can create microwaves and heat up any part of your body. Cassy can paralyze any part of you from a mile away. As long as she senses an electrical makeup. Kylee can become magnetic. Those are the electrics. Ostin is extremely intelligent. Jack is very strong and protective. Tanner used to be able to bring a plane down. Or a helicopter. Any aircraft actually. Wade was a friend. To all of us. He was like an extra hand. But yeah, that's us." Chiron looked at me perplexed. Annabeth was looking a little glazed. Right when Chiron was about to say something, we felt a thud big enough, well, for us to feel it.
"What in the gods name is going on out there?" Chiron sauntered off. Annabeth followed with me in tow. I heard a camper yell, "The Pine!" Annabeth and I looked at eachother and ran to the Thalia's Pine.(Annabeth explained to me the story) When  I got close enough I saw a mound of black. Then the mound of black shifted a little exposing a tanned, muscled body and a bloody arm. A bullet in the arm. Then, suddenly, the persons eyes shot open and he said one thing that completely flipped my mind.
"Taylor."

Annabeth immediately rushed forward. You could see she was fighting back the tears and was trying to stay strong in front of a group. She called out a kid from the Apollo cabin and he walked towards the kid, who I now recognize as Percy, in a trance.
"Will! Get him to the infirmary stat! Run a diagnosis over what happened and find out what he needs! Go!" Will ran towards Percy and collected him in his arms. But, a limp Percy must way a lot because Will nearly collapsed until a tall, burly girl from the Ares cabin caught him. She grabbed Percy's legs and Will grabbed his arms. They hauled him off to the infirmary while Annabeth remained by the pegasus. It was sitting upright and was looking at Annabeth.
"It's alright girl, Percy's okay." Annabeth soothingly said.
(In either the Titans Curse or Battle of the Labyrinth, Percy said Blackjack was a girl) The pegasus calmed down. Everyone started walking off but I didn't because I am still new and didn't know where to go. I crouched down next to Annabeth and the black pegasus.
"What's her name?" I asked. Annabeth looked at me confusedly.
"The pegasus. What's her name?" I asked again.
"Blackjack." Annabeth responded. I looked at Blackjack. Pretty name for a pretty horse.
"She's faster than any horse except for Arion, who is Hazel's horse. And maybe Pegasus. We really haven't thought about that." I looked at Blackjack.
"Is Blackjack available for everyone to ride?" I questioned.
"No. She really only answers to Percy. And me every now and then. Perks of being the legends girlfriend." Annabeth looked at me and seemed to read me.
"What's wrong?" She asked.
"Huh? O-oh nothing." Annabeth smirked at me.
"Please, I can tell when something is wrong. I've had to be with Percy for 7 years. And he's the master at bottling up emotions, tell me, what's wrong?" Man, she was good. I said, "Taylor. That's what's wrong. When Percy woke right there he said Taylor. Taylor was, is, my girlfriend. Well, if she didn't die on Hatch Islands." Annabeth raised an eyebrow at me, but said nothing.

Ship Taylor and Michael more or Percy and Annabeth? (Percy and Annabeth)

Word Count: 1206