Chapter 16

Michael's POV

After the dinner, everybody started to file out and headed towards the campfire. As I walked around, it astounded me that all these people that live under such rigorous conditions are able to still laugh and smile at the end of the day. It almost seemed fake. And maybe some of it is.

The people that were together were giggling and holding hands. As I saw this I grabbed hold of Taylor's hand and she looked up at me with affection. I would never get tired of staring at her beautiful face.

Once everyone found a seat either on the log benches or grass, the Apollo campers got up except for one, who was sharing a seat with an emo looking kid. They both seemed about my age, and I suspected them to be gay, and my suspicions were confirmed when I caught a glimpse of them holding hands.

It made my heart swell.

The Apollo campers voices, clear and loud, evened out most everyone's horrible voices. A couple were pretty good singers, like Pipers. The flames from the fire roared a blood red, which seemed soft, except for the fact that the flames were reaching 20 feet high up.

Even though the Electroclan didn't know the lyrics for essentially any song they played, they didn't seem uncomfortable, even though a couple days earlier we were captive.

"Remember Maddie's party?" Taylor said, pulling me from my thoughts.

I smiled a little at the memory. "Yeah, that sure seemed like such a nerve wracking moment."

"I was nervous too. I was constantly worrying about how I looked in my cheerleading outfit."

"If it's any consolation, the low cut was certainly in your favor." I remarked. She just punched me and snuggled closer, as the cold of the night wind was hitting wherever the warmth of the fire wasn't.

Just as the flames started turning purple, a green haze filled the air. Whispering voices were all around and everybody immediately lost their good-vibes. The flame died to barely embers. Then, the denser part of the green smoke seemed to thicken in the center. Once the mist dispelled, a red headed girl wearing pajamas appeared standing incredibly rigid, with her eyes and mouth glowing green.

"Approach seeker, and ask." The green smoke said. It seemed as if it was staring right at me. Everybody was looking at me too. I slowly let go of Taylor and approached the redhead.

"How do we defeat Hatch?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper. This thing scared me more than Cell 25.

"Electroclan and Demigods together unite.
To defeat the Admiral, with all their might.
Some will be lost in the battle underground.
Most will return, back to Long Island Sound.
Admiral to be defeated, once and for all.
Only to awaken, the one as to you all may fall."

After the voices finished their statement, the red headed girl fell-forward only to be caught by McKenna, who was sitting in the front with Ostin. The crowd was deathly quite. Until all at once everybody started talking.

"Another Great Prophecy?!"

"We all are gonna die!"

"We have to get rid of the newbies!"

"Don't help them!"

The chaos was broken by the pounding of a hoof on a log. Everybody looked at the centaur, who looked quite dreary, as if the lines made him age another century.

"Heroes, quite. We know not that this is a Great Prophecy. This could just be a prophecy for a quest that needs to be done. As Mr. Vey has told me before, Dr. Hatch is vying for world domination. And while it is, for the most part, beneath us to interfere with the dealings of the mortal man, a prophecy has come, and we must acknowledge it. Electroclan, after this meeting I want all of you to come with me to the Big House, as well as head counselors." Chiron said.

"Who's the the one that we all might die from Chiron?" Shouted Connor Stoll. Chiron developed a brooding look and matched Percy and Annabeth's gaze, as if a silent discussion was being held between the three of them.

"I fear to utter the name, as it may bring bad tidings for all of us, so it's better for it to be dormant and be reawakened for another time. We need to organize a quest for who should be going with the Electroclan on their feat." He finished, not leaving room for more discussion on that matter.

"Let's get going. It's past curfew for all of you, so hurry off before Mr. D lets out the harpies."

That seemed to get them moving as everyone except for the senior counselors got moving.

"Alright lets get moving to the Big House." Leo said.

All of us half walked/half jogged after Chiron as he plodded along the Earth. As we reached the Big House, the whispering and talking stopped, as if the Big House gave off an aura. Everyone entered and made way for the stairs leading to what I would expect the basement to be.

The Ares girl, Clarisse went first followed by Frank and Hazel. The Electroclan went last and Chiron transformed back into a wheelchair. He took a chair lift, the kind you see that assist elderly with stairs. Once everyone got comfortable, as comfortable as you could be for discussing possible death, Satyrs came in carrying platters of cheese and crackers.

"First things first, we need to find out the demigods who would want to go with you guys." Percy started.

"Percy, I believe six shall be sufficient for the quest." Chiron interjected.

"I know it's a lot to ask, but I would appreciate it if you went. It would mean a lot." I said to Percy. He looked down and nodded glumly.

"Well if Seaweed Brains going then I'm going too." Annabeth said. A part of me was relieved to have two, very experienced fighters and leaders coming on the quest with us.

"You know it's been a while since I've had prime killing time, I'd love to go bust some mortal skulls." Clarisse said with enthusiasm.

I've heard enough about Clarisse to know that she gets down and dirty whenever she needs to.

"Ok, that's three, who else is wanting to go and help us?" I brought up.

"I would totally love too, except for the fact that I'm too busy with organizing all the new shrines and temples at both the camps."Jason said, with guilt intertwined in his voice.

"It's okay Jason, I'm sure you've already done a lot more quests to be up for another one." I said.

"I think it's time I prove my worth around here. I want to help you guys." Connor Stoll said. I was shocked, as he seemed resentful of us.

"I'm going." The Apollo camper said, much to his boyfriends shock. "I'll make it back Nico."

"I know you will. Or else if you die I'm streamlining your death application to the Fields of Punishment." Nico responded.

"I want to go to." Piper piped up. Jason was taken aback, as I'm sure she went through just as much as him.

"Piper, are you serious? You should think about this. This quest is different, i-it's not just swords and arrows. It's guns an-." Jason's rambling was cut short with Pipers reassuring kiss.

"I can handle myself Sparky." Jason look incoherent, but nevertheless didn't say anything else.

I looked at the group of demigods who agreed to go with us on our seemingly hopeless assault.

"Okay. Well, while we prepare you six for possible imminent death, when y'all leaving?" Jake Mason asked.