Chapter 17

Michael's POV

The entirety of us agreed to leave on August 10th. It gave us enough time to make final preparations for our assault, and gave us some more time to train. A couple times I summoned lightning so powerful Jason said he felt it slightly being painful, from the heat, but nonetheless.

Now, in the night of August 9th, it seemed drastically mournful. I was sitting with Taylor on the top of Half-Blood Hill looking at the constellations.

"Pretty, huh?" A woman's voice asked. I instantly whipped towards the sound, and found Thalia. She was able to stay longer to help, once she asked Artemis.

"Yeah, it seems so much clearer here than in New York. Like, clearer than it should be." Taylor said.

"Yeah, I feel like the gods give us a direct streamline to see into the stars above Camp. You see that one there?" Thalia pointed to a constellation that I only started to recently see in past years.

"I've always wondered where it came from because up until recently I've never seen it." I said back.

Thalia chuckled, looking majestic gazing at the stars with her natural silver glow being accented by the moon. Her Death to Barbie shirt seemed very out of place.

"That was one of M'lady Artemis' former Lieutenant, Zöe Nightshade. She was the Lieutenant before me, and I had the pleasure of knowing her before she passed on."

Taylor and I looked at each-other, before she decided to venture.

"How'd she die?" Taylor cautiously asked.

"About four years ago, Artemis was captured along with Annabeth by the mad Titan Atlas and our old friend Luke. She willingly went on the quest, even though the prophecy said that she would die by her father's, Atlas', hand. As she was dying, Artemis turned her into the stars because she always had this stupid fascination with them." Thalia laughed slightly while brushing her tears away.

"Sorry. I never realized why Zöe had the fascination until I was made Artemis' next Lieutenant." She said.

"And what's that?" Taylor leaned further forward in interest.

"In a thousand years I'll look exactly the same. I won't of aged a day, and my voice will still work. Annabeth, Percy, Jason, everyone I care about will be dead. Hell, even some of my Hunters will be dead. One of mine, Phoebe who lived as long as Zöe since Heracles, died last year fighting Orion in the war against Gaia. But, the stars are constant. At the very least, it will take billions of years for them to die. So looking at them helps calm me down."

"You're very philosophical. Shoulda' been the next Plato instead of a Hunter." I said. Thalia and Taylor laughed, making me crack a smile.

"I hope you guys succeed. If there's something I hate it's uptight rich businessmen who have plans to take over the world. Something tells me that it would interfere with the Amazons plans, but good luck. And do me a favor." Taylor and I leaned close.

"Take care of Percy and Annabeth. Ever since Tartarus those two haven't been the same. Just... keep an eye on them." Thalia hugged the both of us, before taking off towards the bottom of the other side of her hill.

Taylor and I just watched the sun rise over the Atlantic, taking it in. I never realized my life would become so... disordered. But good still came out of the mess. The fact that I met Taylor makes up for ninety percent of everything that's happened.

"You ever think what our life would be like if we didn't have powers?" I asked out loud to Taylor. She was resting her head on my chest looking to the sea, snuggled into me. I smiled.