Chapter 5

Riley and Sportacus walked slowly together around the town. Sure, Sportacus wasn't quite used to walk slowly, but for some reason it felt nice.

Riley told him some stories about the bullies in her previous school, and he was horrified all over again from each story. He still couldn't believe that children can be that mean, not to say evil. Of course he knew that little kids can be a little mean, like Stingy when he doesn't want to share his toys, or like Trixie when she's teasing everybody – but now it made sense to him. Riley is very hurting that even a small, stupid comment by Trixie can make her cry.

He decided to change the subject.

"So what is your favourite kind of music? I remember you told me yesterday you were playing the guitar..."

"Pop is my favourite genre of all. I like pop-rock, electropop, any kind of pop from all over the world. It cheers me up." She said with a smile.

"Really? Wow. Wait, what do you mean by "from all over the world"?" he got a little confused.

"Every country has a pop music genre, that's obvious, but in every country they do it in their own language. For example, Demi Lovato is my favourite American pop artist, and my favourite Latin pop artist is Danna Paola while my favourite Spanish pop artists are Sweet California. Get it?" she explained to him.

"Now I do." He laughed.

"Do you mind to sing me a song?" he asked her.

"Oh, um... I'm not singing in front of people..." She said and blushed.

"Oh, really? That's too bad. I'd love to hear you some time." He smiled at her.

"Thanks."

*****

The two kept on walking and talking until they made it back to the park, where the children are. Stephanie's eyes sparkled when she noticed then coming to their way. She really wanted to made friends with Riley.

"Hi Sportacus, hi Riley!" She greeted them.

"Hey everybody." Sportacus greeted the children back.

"What were you two doing?"

"Oh, just walking and talking. Riley told me she used to play the guitar and sing." He said as Riley looked down and blushed again.

"Wow, can you play for us something?" Ziggy asked excitedly.

"Um, I can't... I don't really have a guitar. It got broke back in old home." She told them. Ziggy looked disappointed.

"Wait! We have instruments in the theatre hall! We sure have a guitar there." Pixel suggested

"Well, what do you say Riley?" Sportacus asked the 14 years old girl beside him.

All the kids asked and pleaded, even Trixie, and that's all it took for her to agree.

"Well..." she hesitated, "I guess I can try."

*****

The group arrived to the theatre hall, where there were many instruments, including an acoustic guitar. She thought to herself how funny it was to see a guitar all safe and sound and not broken into pieces like hers.

She set the guitar a little, and began to play.

Heart Attack/Demi Lovato/Demi

"Putting my defenses up,

Cause I don't wanna fall in love,

If I ever did that,

I'd think I have a Heart Attack.

Never put my love out on the line.

Never said yes to the right guy.

Never had trouble getting what I want.

But when it comes to you I'm never good enough.

When I don't care I can play 'em like a Ken doll.

Won't wash my hair, then make 'em bounce like a basketball.

But you make me wanna act like a girl,

Paint my nails and wear high heels, yes you

Make me so nervous that I just can't hold your hand.

You make me glow,

But I cover up won't let it show.

So I'm putting my defenses up,

Cause I don't wanna fall in love,

If I ever did that,

I'd think I have a Heart Attack.

I'd think I have a Heart Attack."

The kids cheered and applauded to her.

"Riley, that was great!" Sportacus told her excitedly.

"Thanks." She said back.

"But wait, that was only half of the song! Keep playing!" Stephanie ordered her.

"Alright..."

"Never break a sweat for the other guys.

When you come around I get paralyzed.

And everytime I try to be myself,

It comes out wrong like a cry for help.

It's just not fair, pain's more trouble than love is worth

I gasp for air, it feels so good but you know it hurts.

But you make me wanna act like a girl,

Paint my nails and wear perfume for you.

Make me so nervous that I just can't hold your hand.

You make me glow,

But I cover up won't let it show.

So I'm putting my defenses up,

Cause I don't wanna fall in love,

If I ever did that,

I'd think I have a Heart Attack.

The feelings got lost my lungs.

They're burning, I'd rather be numb.

And there's no one else to blame.

So scared I take off and I run.

I'm flying too close to the sun.

And I burst into flames.

You make me glow,

But I cover up won't let it show.

So I'm putting my defenses up,

Cause I don't wanna fall in love,

If I ever did that,

I'd think I have a Heart Attack.

I'd think I have a Heart Attack."