Chapter 6

Riley woke up pretty early in the next morning, out of her own will. She couldn't wait to hang out with her new friends in this town, especially with Sportacus. She set with him that they will meet again at the theatre hall today and she will play to him some more songs.

She quickly dressed up and grabbed with her two notebooks before going out – one was her chords notebook, with chords to some songs she learned when she still had a guitar, and the other one was a notebook where she wrote the lyrics, some of them were her own.

She was about to go out, no before smiling at her brother who was sleeping on his couch, covered with popcorn.

*****

On her way to meet Sportacus, she met a group of teens, around her age. Two boys and two girls, who she assumed will be with her in the school next year. But she noticed something very familiar at their attitude and looks – they were all bunch of rich snobs and obviously the "kings and queens" of their school.

She tried to avoid them and walk a little farther from them, but it didn't quite work. The blonde girl, who she guessed was their leader, walked up to her.

"Oh, you must be new her!" she said.

"You got that right. Now, if you'll excuse me –" Riley tried to continue her way, but the other girl stopped her.

"Wait, let me introduce myself, I'm Amanda Nichols. And these are Arnold Nichols, my twin and must say awesome brother, and these other two are Chelsea and Richard. And you are?" she introduced the gang and then asked her in a fake friendly tone.

"I'm Riley Giselle for you." She answered in a cold tone.

"Ha, that's so great! You heard that, guys? Her second name is Giselle, like that princess from Disney!" Amanda turned to her gang.

"Too bad she's not looking like one!" shouted Arnold to their way, and made the others laugh really hard.

"I know, right!" Amanda laughed and made her way back to the gang.

Riley wanted to cry, but stopped her tears and started to walk away from them, not before Amanda pushed a skateboard that was next to her and made Riley fall on her face.

They all laughed at her and then continued in their conversation. Riley just got up and once she was far away from them the tears came out and she cried silently to herself.

*****

When she finally made it to the theatre, she wiped and dried her tears since she didn't want him to see she cried. She took a deep breath and when she entered she saw that Sportacus was already there, and he looked pretty bored.

"Oh, you're already here..." she surprised him.

"Ah, yeah, I've been waiting for you. What took you so long?" he asked her, sounding a little worried.

"No big deal. The point is that I'm here now." She replied and was about to pick up the guitar but he stopped her.

"What happened?" he sounded serious.

She sighed, "Do you know a blonde dumb girl named Amanda?" she asked.

"Oh, yes... What did she do to you?"

"Well, I met her and her gang on my way here. I immediately recognized her attitude as a b- a very mean and snob girl like in my old school, so I tried to walk a little away from them but she noticed and they all made fun of me, and she even pushed a skateboard that was next to her just to make me fall. At least I'm lucky that I didn't tell her what my last name was." She told him.