Chapter 10

August 1st 2014.

It was finally the day for Rachel Rotten to move out of her town to LazyTown. She felt such a relief to leave this town. She and Riley had a hard time there, Riley with her social problems and Rachel had some problems with both of her jobs, but now in LazyTown she was sure that Riley will be able to make some new and nice friends, and she will work in a high-paid job as a teacher in the LazyTown Elementary school, and the most important – she will be closer to her older son, Robbie.

All the boxes and the furniture were set in the moving truck, and she was also ready to go. She got in the car and drove right behind the truck, all the way to her new home in LazyTown.

She turned on the radio and switched to her and Riley's favourite station, when she heard a familiar song – "I Wish" by Cher Lloyd and T.I.

'Riley loves this song! Maybe it's a sign this is going to be a good day.' Rachel thought to herself and smiled. Then she began to sing along.

*****

Meanwhile, in LazyTown, Riley was also getting ready to move out of Robbie's liar. She already packed her suitcases and all she had to do is to wait. So she did. She waited.

"I CAN'T SIT STILL ANYMORE!" she groaned.

"Well, what do you want from me, then?" Robbie asked.

"Nothing, I'm going outside. Maybe I'll find Sportacus or something." She said and went up the stairs.

Walking towards the town, she saw Sportacus playing soccer with the kids. She walked closer by until he noticed her.

"Hey, good morning, Riley!" he greeted her.

"Hi, good morning, everyone." She smiled.

"Riley, do you play with us?" Stephanie asked excitedly.

"I already told you, guys, I'm not into all these sports games... I also don't know how to play." she hesitantly said.

"Well, it's never late to learn something new! Now come on!" Sportacus told her and grabbed her by the arm to the field of the game.

Sportacus taught her the rules and how to play, and to his surprise she was really good at it. She teamed with Sportacus and play against the kids when suddenly there was a loud sound that interrupted.

Everyone stopped the game and turned around to see a moving truck and not far behind it, a small, white car. Riley recognised the car immediately and rushed to it. The car door opened and out of the driver's seat came out an older woman, looks almost 50, that also looks a lot like Riley. The woman went and hugged Riley tight.

"That's Riley's mother..." Sportacus said to himself.

He looked at them both and realised that Riley got the look from her mother, and guessed that Robbie got his look from their father.

The gang saw Riley and her mother taking for a while and then getting into their new home.

"So that's it? She just left the game?" Trixie asked disbelieved.

"How rude of her!" Stingy added.

"Guys, didn't you see that? This was Riley's mother!" Sportacus laughed.

He looked again towards the house and saw the movers begin to carry the furniture and boxes to the house.

*****

"Oh, Riley! It's so good to see you!" Rachel hugged her daughter once again.

"I know mom. And I must say you picked an amazing house." Riley returned the hug then looked around.

"Yeah, but imagine what it will look like after we will unpack everything!" Rachel laughed and Riley laughed with her, but then she stopped.

"Don't worry, honey. Everything will be alright from now on. I promise you." She hugged her daughter again and rubbed her back.

"Now, do you want to unpack your stuff?" Clarice looked down at her and she nodded.

Riley only needed to go on 4 steps to get to the second floor. It was just a long hallway including 3 bedrooms, one big bathroom and a laundry room. Riley went to her room, the first room on the left.

She opened the door and first realised how big the room was. Well, at least bigger than she thought.

"Hey, um," Rachel came from behind, "I was thinking, maybe do you want to paint the walls before we put in everything?" she asked.

"Mmm-hmm." Riley nodded.

"Well, do you have any idea in what colour?" She asked again.

"Blue. Definitely blue." Riley smiled to herself, not turning around.