Chapter 4 - Friendship's Getting Stronger

Monday morning. Rachel called to the elementary school to say she will be late. So did Riley. She texted Carolina and told her she will arrive to school around the third lesson. Why? Because today is her first sonogram, and she went there with her mother, brother and even Sportacus to accompany her.

In the LazyTown High School, the school counselors have told the students about Riley, and lectured them all about raping and sexual harassments.

On Saturday, Riley finally had the courage to tell Nathan the whole story. He told her that he wouldn't handle it, but she completely understood him. They broke up, but of course they stayed friends. He promised that he and Carolina will support her with everything.

*****

At the waiting room at the doctor's office, Rachel and Robbie sat on the chairs, Sportacus was standing and Riley was pacing back and forth.

"Riley, relax! It's not good for you to be this nervous." Her mother tried to calm her.

"But I AM nervous!" she said and her mother made her to sit down only so she would stand up again when the doctor called them.

*****

Riley was lying on the examination bed, the three others watching her. The doctor came back to the room and began the sonogram check. They all looked at the monitor at the same time. They heard fast heartbeats sound. They could barely see something, until the doctor pointed on the monitor to where the baby is. Sportacus reached Riley's hand and held it tight. He was glad that Riley was actually happy about it. And to everyone's surprise, so was the future grandmother, Rachel, who teared up when they looked at the tiny fetus at the monitor.

At the end of the appointment, the doctor asked her to come again in two months for another check-up. Riley thanked her and they all left.

*****

Riley was a couple of minutes late to Mrs. Stewart's literature class.

"Good morning Riley. We were about to start." Mrs. Stewart greeted her.

Everybody stared at her while she went to sit down next to Carolina. She sat down and sighed as she took out her literature book and notebook. Carolina could see she was a little down, so she whispered and asked "How was the sonogram?"

Riley smiled and whispered back "It was great!"

*****

At the next recess, Riley sat with Nathan and Carolina at the back yard of the school and told them about the sonogram.

"They all got so excited! I think I even saw Robbie crying a little. And Sportacus was holding my hand the whole time, and –" She told them, but Nathan cut her off.

"Oh, so you already replaced me?" he said sarcastically, making the two girls laugh.

"But hey, I didn't see Amanda in class today. Where is she?" Riley asked.

"Oh, right, you weren't here! She got suspended for a whole week for taking that video of you." Carolina told her.

"Really? Awesome!" Riley laughed.

*****

At the afternoon, Riley came over to Carolina, and the two had to watch Ziggy and Stephanie at the back yard of the house while Carolina's mother was out. They were sitting on the yard swing under the parasol and had iced tea, while Ziggy and Stephanie played basketball in the sun.

"...Luckily, school ends in a month, so you will have more time to take care of yourself." Carolina said.

"I know, I'm waiting for it. Also, my mom said that Aunt Mary found a second-hand shop for baby stuff in her town, so my mom and I are going to meet her this weekend and check it." Riley told her.