Chapter 7 - Grandfathered

A couple of days later, Rachel called Ross, her ex-husband, to come over because she had to tell him something about Riley.

He began to worry. The twins really wanted to join him as well, since now they and Riley and Robbie got along, but he told them they can't come. He was really afraid of what Rachel has to tell him. But when she told him, he was more angry than scared.

"SHE'S WHAT?!"

"Now, calm down, Ross! It was her decision and I respect that, and everyone here want to help." Rachel said.

"No, no, no! She can't do that! I can't let it happen."

That's when Riley entered the house.

"Hey, dad! I thought saw your car outside."

"Tell me, Riley, what were you thinking when you decided to keep your baby? And more than that, when its father is a rapist who's now in jail?" he asked angrily.

"Excuse me?" Riley was trying to understand.

"I'm not going to repeat myself."

"It was my decision, dad. I wanted to keep the baby because I know myself and even though it is a result of a rape, I know that if I will abort it I will regret it my whole life." She told him directly.

"Also, I think this could be a good chance to bring a child to this world and teach him and raise him to be different from his biological father."

"Ok, but what about the fact that you're just freaking 17?! What about school?!"

"Dad, there are many girls my age who have done that before! And mom, Sportacus and I have already thought of that – Sportacus will be my teacher at home, then after the baby will be here I'll go back to school, to do the last finals and graduate!" she explained.

"I'm sorry, but this too insane! You can't expect from me now to support this baby too! I'm sorry Riley, but I'm giving you only two options – abort the baby or give it up for adoption. What do you choose?"

Riley couldn't believe her dad.

"NEITHER!!" she screamed and stormed out crying.

Running away, she ran into Sportacus and almost fell, but of course he managed to catch her.

"Riley, what's wrong?" he asked.

"Everything! My dad wants me to give up this baby to adoption!" she said through her tears.

"What? Oh no..."

"Yes. He's really mad at me for keeping the baby."

"Did you explain to him this was your decision? And that you're getting support?" he asked.

"Yes, but he wouldn't listen."

*****

Riley decided to go and relax at the music shop of Old Maurizio, where she began to work last summer – and also where she could get that CD that she wanted if she just waited one more week.

Old Maurizio was, well, and old Italian man who lived in LazyTown with his wife Clara, and their two boys, Marcelo and Paolo, who are 22 and 20 years old. He owns the music shop for many years, and last year hired Riley to help him to attract younger clients to the shop, and also reorganized the shop, since both CDs were at the same place as the music instruments and it looked like a mess. Now, thanks to Riley, the CDs and records are on one floor, and all the instruments are on the other floor.

"Ciao, Riley! How are you feeling? Hope you're less nauseous today." He joked.

"I wish I could say yes." She said with half a smile as she went through the CDs shelves.