Epilogue

I smile in contentment, a warm, fuzzy feeling soothing through my insides.

"But Grandma, that's so sad!" Harry frowns, confusion licking at his face.

"Why do you think so?" I ask him with a small chuckle. All three children look up to me in shock.

"Because you never saw him again!" Grace answers, slightly in denial as she fidgets with the hem of her sock.

"But his wisdom and love has stayed with me all these years!" I exclaim, smiling in proudness.

"Where is it?" They ask, searching around the room.

I place my hand on my chest, and point to theirs as well. Sophie, who's stayed quiet the full time, slowly smiles.

Then, in a small whisper, filled with admiration and wonder, they all chorus,

"In your heart, he's always in your heart?"

"Yes children, and he will remain there until the day I die."

Satisfied with this answer, they get up and begin to play jockeys, all pretending to ride their very own 'Comet'.

The blackened sky outside waves at me through the window and calls to be heard. Slowly I make my way over, and look up to the dark outside. The brightest star seems to stare at me, almost familiar.

I reach for the curtain, and hold onto it, the soft velvety fabric rubbing on my fingertips. I look up to the star, and at that second, a quiet, well known, whinny echoes throughout my soul.

"Goodnight, my beautiful wonder horse." I whisper in pride, then I shut the curtain, and a brown patterned fabric covers my view.

But all I see, is my short story with Comet.

*sobs profusely*