7

The trees talk to each other as the sun glares down onto my skin, leaving an uncomfortable burn lingering on my arm. Comet quietly munches grass in the distance, tail swaying, ears pricked, he lifts his head up and greets me with a whinny. Slowly he makes his way over me in the awkward heat. I gaze into his eyes lovingly, and it seems as if the whole world means nothing, nothing compared to the idyllic beast in front of me. My own breath matches with his, and I want nothing more than to save this moment forever. And perhaps, thats how I would remember him, standing in a field on a sunny day and staring into his eyes as he stares into mine.

"Time to shine," I whisper so quietly that I doubt he could hear me but, but his ear twitch tells me otherwise.

And yes, I did miss Drummer. My brave little pony. But not even the moon and stars above could tear me apart from this dream. This wild dream that Comet would last forever, and time itself would stop just for us because I was selfish.

I may have believed that Comet was here forever, but I was so caught up in this fantasy that I lost sight of the truth.

The wicked, cruel truth that everything must come to an end.

Comet would be the angel by my side, but what would happened when he's gone, and the pain of the past taps my shoulder again?

This is all Comet understood, Clara was a broken dream, she must be saved again, shown the light of love again, but most importantly, Clara must get over Drummer. And one day, she must get over Comet.

This was all a scary story to Clara, and she refused to believe the truth, because for now, she was safe.

But little did she know she was falling fast, and the rope to catch her wasn't as long as everyone expected.