⇒ CHAPTER FOUR

WILMA WOULD HAVE lied if she were to claim she wasn't tempted to order lots of chocolate cake, but when she told Henry she was going to get them something to eat while they were on David-duty at Mr. Gold's shop, she meant something a bit more nutritious and hearty and therefore resisted her desire to tell Ruby to pack some cake to go. "Two sandwiches and some cocoa to go, I think. Is that what Henry likes?", was Wilma's choice finally, although a hesitant one, at that, but as her friend, Ruby relieved the woman of any distress she had over spending the day with Henry.

"Cocoa with cinnamon. That's his thing", Ruby smiled as she got to work so Wilma could make her way back to the pawnshop and keep Henry some company, as the boy had stayed behind to read his storybook to a very unconscious David — which Wilma thought was incredibly sweet. "Here you go. And, don't worry. I'm sure Henry likes you already", Ruby spoke kindly as she handed the sandwiches to Wilhelmina and flashed another smile at the woman, who nodded in response. She was grateful for the confidence boost, and she made sure Ruby knew by thanking her before heading out and making her way back to Mr. Gold's shop with some food with her.

She had learned the way there already, which kind of surprised her. She had merely been in town for a handful of days, yet it seemed she already knew her way around the town and had managed to befriend plenty of people, or at least something alike — she wasn't sure if Leroy counted as a friend just yet, but a few more shared breakfasts later perhaps he would. Nonetheless, she felt at peace in Storybrooke, like she was in the right place, and there wasn't a single part within her that desired to leave or do something to take that blossoming happiness away. No, she felt at home, even if it was all kind of confusing due to the fact that what Wilma had been used to call fiction, was almost too real in this town.

"I'm back! Heard you like cocoa with cinnamon", Wilma greeted Henry as she arrived in the shop, and sneaked into the back where she handed the boy his cup and sandwich. Happily smiling, the kid dug in, clearly hungry, and Wilma felt the same way so she followed his lead and started to eat once she was seated next to the couch where David was, in a rather deep slumber that was almost impossible to break. Almost — true love's kiss could cure him from the curse that he had willingly had set upon him, and right now, the two surrounding David were relying on the hope that Mary Margaret — and Emma — would return successfully and the man could be awakened.

That was all they could do, hope, but Wilma was used to doing so.

"So... Who's your favorite fairytale character?", Henry broke the silence between the two, and Wilma's eyes widened as she was caught by surprise. Swallowing the remains of the sandwich in her mouth, Wilma tried to gather some useful facts from the back of her mind, but in the end, it wasn't such a tough question and she broke into a smile as she nudged Henry lightly.

"Belle. She's always been my favorite. And, in some ways, I can relate to her", Wilma shrugged, finishing her cocoa, and with that, a mischievous smile crept to Henry's lips while he shut the book on his lap and set it on the bed.

"She's in town, too, you know. You should go and meet her some day. She's actually usually here, or at the library", Henry pointed out, which surprised Wilma to a point where she nearly swooned at the mere thought of meeting her favorite character. "I think you two would get along well", the young boy added, and the words managed to bring a genuinely happy, flattered smile onto Wilma's lips as she nodded in response.

In a way, it was odd to even imagine meeting one of the characters she was so overly fond of, just the fact that she was real was kind of overwhelming, but then again, it was also like a dream come true. All her life, Wilma had fallen in love with people beyond her reach, from silly crushes when she was a little girl to more intense affection during her adulthood, and amongst those many connections resided people she wished to befriend, just talk to, give a hug to — and there was no denying that Belle was one of them.